3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Original Paul Schaefer Bows  (Read 5988 times)

Offline Tree Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Original Paul Schaefer Bows
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I've got one of Paul's Takedowns.  It's 75# @29" and I used it for many years.  I went to one of Dave's bows about 4 years ago.  I also bought a set of limbs from Dave that were glued up by Paul and finished by Dave.  I don't have any pictures of Paul's bow, but can get some one of these days.  I still shoot Pauls bow on occasion, and it's killed a lot of animals.  I think I had Paul make my bow about 21 years ago.  Dave said that it's a different setup.  It's a 64" bow that was made with a long riser, and a set of limbs that were normally for a 62"bow.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
hi israel; that's just a kind of snake pattern skin eeze type material, that I installed, those limbs are black glass.
    Brent, I hae loads of pics of Paul, too many to possibly post! Have a set of 3 sequential pics of Paul shooting his Bow that i could e mailto Tim to post for me. I believe i've shown them before. Also a couple more bows that i can take pics of and post.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
Is it just me or does that one piece look just like a Howatt Hi-speed?  Beautiful bows though.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Scott Grella

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
Apex, It's not just you.  When I first saw that pick of the one piece, my first thought was "Hey, that looks just like a Martin/Howatt Hunter"

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Sergio's shots of Paul shooting in front of his home in Kalispell

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
Great shots.  Thank you.  anymore?  (hey, if you don't ask...)
 ;)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
Tim,

Any chance you'd sell me that bow??

Just asking...

Peter

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by peter c iacavazzi:
Tim,

Any chance you'd sell me that bow??

Just asking...

Peter
Sorry Brother..........

That ones not for sale    :)

I have an open checkbook readily avaiable for any of Pauls originals ..............

And also  Daves stuff too if it peaks my interest........

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
Nice try Pete.I was afraid to ask but Im glad you did.Your story on Paul and Jay was moving and it really made me wish they were still with us.Seems to me Paul was one in a trillion and Ive only learned of him in the last year or so.And Tim since your probably the man to ask are they priced comparably to new ones or are they like a Babe Ruth bat?

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
I don't have a Schaefer (by Paul or David) but I once had that same surf shirt.    :)  

In those other pics he's wearing a Hang Ten shirt.  A Montana surfer?

Also, wouldn't his elbow be considered too high by most people these days?  Just wondering, from what I heard he had no problem with accuracy but it seems to break some of the "rules" of good form.

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by herkimerhunter:
Nice try Pete.I was afraid to ask but Im glad you did.Your story on Paul and Jay was moving and it really made me wish they were still with us.Seems to me Paul was one in a trillion and Ive only learned of him in the last year or so.And Tim since your probably the man to ask are they priced comparably to new ones or are they like a Babe Ruth bat?
It really depends on the bow............

I like the heavy ones and am always willing to step up and pay for any heavy Tip unless it is just a messed up bow. I think the best analogy would be it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

Some of the bows Sergio has posted are worth quite a bit. I for one would really step up on one of those in the cash dept. They are very nice bows. And the fact they are over 65lbs really gets my attention.

Tim

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
I would also like to add since this thread really pertains to Silvertips on not only what awesome people Dave and Beth are to deal with.

The fact that it is my opinion that Dave is currently making the finest bow money can buy. His level of talent and improvement in Pauls original design is nothing less than amazing.

That is "MY Opinion".

I just recieved a new 60" 82lb @ 28 TD Silvertip. I can shoot a 685 grain arrow out of that bow that is 31 1/2" Grizzystik Alaskan. Roughly 8.35 Grains per pound.

I am awaiting arrival of a Chronograph as we speak. I will reserve my thoughts on what I think this bow is doing in the feet per second dept until I Chrono it myself.

I anticipate some results that will maybe raise some eyebrows.

Daves bows are tremendous bottomline.

Thought I would just share that is all...............

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
i totally concur with Tim's Educated opinion on Daves bows!! Paul designed an awesme hunting weapon and Daves hands of a sculptor have brought them to another level, one that Paul would be proud of!

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
ttt

Offline rockfisherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Paul built this bow for me in the summer of 1991.  It is a 62" Silvertip, 65# @ 28".

Limbs are marked: # 1893

Is that the number of the bow?  You would think he would have marked the riser if it was the bow number.  

Offline rockfisherman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
My bad.  Don't know what I was thinking, black limbs on a black background.   :confused:  Here's a couple pics of the bow strung.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
the Man is a Legend!, and the main reason i got into traditional archery to start with!
 the bows are amazing, i think if i ever had a chance at a Cape Buff or Grizz id have to have one of his bows in my hand!
some great bows you guy's have got there!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Chuck; his elbow is high and his Bow arm slightly low because we were shooting down hill at 30 yds that Day. His form and release were absolutely flawless. Trust me after 30 yds he left me in his dust! LOL

Offline Tree Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »
I've been asked several times what my bow is worth, but have no idea.  Not that I would sell mine, but what are they worth now?  Mine is a 64" takedown and it's 75# @29". The number on the limbs is 770.  Does anyone have a guess?

Treeghost

Offline coyote2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
In the pics of Paul shooting it looks like he is shooting split finger I had aways thought he shot 3 under did he change at some point?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©