INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear St Charles Back Quiver Value  (Read 756 times)

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear St Charles Back Quiver Value
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Hey All -

Found some great stuff at an antique store today en route to a business mtg.  I bought what I think is a '67 Little Bear recurve (20# @ 24") in absolute mint condition.  My 6 yr old is going to get a lot of use out of it.  I also bought a 50's Bear Polar (64" 51#), red glass on face and limb belly.  Not sure of age but this one is in perfect condition as well.  No stress lines at all.  Never seen one in this good of shape.  

So to my question.  I also found a st charles style bear back quiver with 6 fiberglass arrows with bear razorheads mounted on em.  The quiver is in great shape.  It's the leather style, not suede, so I believe it's early to mid 70's.  Looks like the attached pic.  What's one of these worth.  There was no price tag on it and I'm going to stop back in tomorrow on my way home to get the price.

Also, if anyone has any comments on value of the two bows I picked up I would appreciate that as well.  I plan on shooting them both or maybe trading the polar for a early 50's static shooter.

Thanks for your help.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear St Charles Back Quiver Value
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
I've seen that version of the quiver sell for $100-200...and that depends on condition and how badly someone wants it.

Those Little Bears are cute and my opinion on value is $100-150.  That Polar is a great shooter and excellent weight for most, but value is not like the Kodiaks.  Near max value would be around $150.

Did you get them a bargain prices?
Lon Scott

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »
I'll go with Blackhawk on the value.

Is the cover smooth leather, or vinyl.  The latest models wer vinyl and will not be worth that much.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline JJB2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
Thanks guys.  Appreciate the input.
Life is tough but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©