INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Fred Bears Field notes- Are there more?  (Read 467 times)

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bears Field notes- Are there more?
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
After reading "Fred Bears Field Notes" for the millionth time it occured to me that in his dedication that he mentioned his wife henrietta culling through his many journals the contents that would become the book. It is quite apparent that fred loved to make notes about his hunts and there are many we know he went on that are not in his book. So does anybody know if these other field notes are out there somewhere?

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bears Field notes- Are there more?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
Not presented in that field note form. There are other books out there decribing his hunts but not in that style. "Bows on the Little Delta" and "Trailing a Bear" come to mind.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
Thanks redogge I appreciate your input. I guess what I was getting at though is if anyone knew where those notebooks are? I know crazy question but I've been wondering. A release of the ones that were'nt published in that format would be a real seller (well I'd buy a copy). Are you listening Bear Archery??   :)

Offline Missaukee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
In the 1992 Bear Video about the Fred Bear Museum, there were notebooks that Frank Scott picked up and showed. Are they still with the Museum? Who knows. He also showed Freds own B-handle that he signed to himself, at that time it was part of the museum, now it is owned by a private collector. As time goes by it seems a lot of the artifacts have been spread out to people outside of the museum, by what means and why, I don't know.

I agree though, I would love to read a book of White-tail or Mule Deer hunts.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Fred wrote many articles about hunts that are not in his Field Notes. Read Dick Lattimer's book "Hunt with Fred Bear", which contains some of these articles.

Other hunts of Fred Bear have never appeared in print in articles nor magazines. Also many additional events and interesting details that occurred on the published hunts have never appeared in print.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©