3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator calling and trad bows ?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator calling and trad bows ?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
Thanks    :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »
I do just that. I have a primos "raspy coaxer" call that I have had great luck with. The only suggestion that I can give you. Get to your stand as quite as possible. When you start calling, start out with very weak calls. If one is within earshot he will come in to investigate, Out of range of course. You will do better if you have something to draw attention away from yourself. A decoy that moves would be best. I use a white turkey feather tied to a limb with thread. The feather flutters in the wind and grabs the dogs attention, and if all the planets are aligned right he will put a stalk on the feather or decoy and you might get a shot. I do use cover sent also, I hose the area down with coon urine or whatever strong smelling urine I might have on hand. I called a coyote and a fox in last week using this method. If they dont respond to the gentle calling, get louder gradually. If I get one that hangs up at a good distance 100 yd or more I do what I call a frenzy call, really spaz out on the call, really panic like a rabbit caught in a noose and is getting its legs ripped off. Then all of a sudden stop and make a few real weak calls and stop calling. Usually, then they will sneek in to claim the rabbit that just died. You better be ready to shoot and pick your shot, because if they are looking anywhere in your general direction it is game over. Good luck. Coyote with a bow makes deer hunting look like childs play, but it can be done. They are hungry this time of year.    

Jimbob

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Nice one Jimbob,do ya use a facenet?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Jimbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 05:45:00 AM »
Head net, gloves, the works. I have started to use a 3d suit. I seem to get busted less often wearing it.
Jimbob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©