INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: More Bear-ied Treasure coming soon!!(Pics added 5-13)  (Read 3552 times)

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
More Bear-ied Treasure coming soon!!(Pics added 5-13)
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
Soon as my daughter returns home from Florida with my,er..I mean her camera,I'll be taking some pictures.    :thumbsup:

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: More Bear-ied Treasure coming soon!!(Pics added 5-13)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Can't Wait!!!

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
John,

Bring them over I have a camera!
Jack Shanks

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:16:00 PM »
C'mon over with your camera Jack,too many bows to lug around.

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
Well.........   :campfire:

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
No wheels John. Traded my truck for a 59 Kodiak.
Jack Shanks

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
Sounds like a good trade to me.You are a shrewd businessman.Having no wheels is a good thing whether it's a truck or a bow! LOL

Larry M.- I hope all this suspense is worth the wait.I set the hook,now I just gotta reel all you fellow tradgangers slooowwly into the bow room.Actually it's killing me NOT being able to take these pictures and share them with everyone.
Today's word for our lesson is "patience".   :bigsmyl:

Offline Hobow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »
John, I find myself humming the "final question music" from Jeopardy everytime I check in...  

You are a master of suspense!

:goldtooth:

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:46:00 AM »
Not meant to be taking this long to post pictures fellas.My wife,daughter(and her camera) just got home late last night from Florida and I am going into work early the rest of the week so I will try to take pics and get them posted as soon as I am able.I work afternoons and don't get home until late at night so time is scarce when working the overtime.
 Hobow- Now you've got me humming the "final question music" from Jeopardy.  :banghead:

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
TTT,
PLEASE JOHHNY!
  :coffee:
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Chuck,I swear I'm trying.This week has been brutal.I will get some good pics soon and post them I promise.Just a little bit looonger...... I know that I'm  :deadhorse:

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
I know what it is like when the wife makes off with the camera, drive me nutzo,
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
I've got an old cheapy digital camera that I could have used but the pictures aren't very good with it.I want to take some high quality photos to post and to archive so that's why I'm waiting to post them.The camera is home now but I haven't been due to some crazy work hours.Hopefully soon they will get done.It takes so darn long to take the photos,download them,send them to photobucket for re-sizing,and then getting them posted here on Tradgang.Just not enough hours in a day it seems.
 I just hope you find the pics worth the wait.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
Sounds like you may need to take a vacation day John.
Jack Shanks

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Jack,
 Funny you should say that.I had just used up the last of my vacation days for the year(they start over every May 1st)and had the whole week off turkey hunting and doing stuff around the house.Didn't end up picking these bows up until Saturday,one day before I was back to the grind.Shoulda went Bear hunting earlier in the week instead of turkey hunting I guess.
 I did manage to take several pictures this morning,all I need to do is get them to photobucket and on here.Getting closer....  :thumbsup:

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
Great! Can't wait to see what you have found now.
Jack Shanks

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Alright-I'm doing this in a bit of a hurry but I wanted to get the ball rolling.Took a little trip up north to hopefully pick up a couple of take-down bows.Spent the day with a good friend and former Bear employee,going through all kinds of goodies in his barn and workshop.Stuck in an old barrel out in his barn were a few old Bear bows so I decided to take a little look-see.Pulled an old tarp off of them along with some other "stuff" to expose several limb tips of bows protruding from the barrel.We started pulling them out one by one.They were covered in years of dust and dirt.I wasn't really sure what they were at first.As they exposed themselves more and more I could ssee that most were Tamerlanes of one kind or another.Now,I'm not a real big Tamerlane/target bow collector although some of the earlier '63 and '64 Tamerlanes are quite stunning in my opinion.But these were looking kind of interesting.
 Well anyhow,I set these filthy old bows aside along with the rest of the "Bearied-treasure" I found and brought them home.It was late when I got home and I should have gone straight to bed but I just had to see what was underneath all this dirt,so I got a wet rag and started wiping them down.This first bow shown here was simply wiped down with a wet rag and not polished up(yet) like I do to most all of my bows.It ended up being in remarkable condition.Again,not being a real big Tamerlane collector,the bow isn't something to do handstands over,but it is another piece of cool history from the glorious early days of Bear Archery's R&D Dept..I'm guessing this is an early 1970's era bow.

This picture shows how similar,at least to me,this riser looks to that oddball '65/'66 Kodiak I recently showed on here.The accent stripe is very similar to me.

There were no silkscreens on this bow at all,very common on alot of these EXP bows I have come across.

Here you can see the factory specs written in gold:

As with several other EXP marked bows I have found,some weren't marked with "EXP" written on them in gold or black but had a piece of tape on them with EXP written on it.This bow had both.

That's it for this morning,gotta run to work.Just wanted to get started on posting them up.More to follow.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Sweet Johnny. Thanks man.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
John,

Great find! I have a few of the Tamerlanes. Not really collecting them but just ended up with four or five one way or another. Beautiful bows though.
Jack Shanks

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
What a great find John!
That's one cool looking bow.......Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©