INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Fred Bear and Bob munger limited Picture question  (Read 885 times)

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Bear and Bob munger limited Picture question
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
I recently purchased another fine piece from Ben Lee. As he finds more,and more Fred Bear items in his dads shop he saves them all for me. I wish he would stop finding more of these treasures! I am going broke! Anyway I was wondering if anyone had another picture like this. It is a limited print. If you do, can you tell me if it came with a certificate like the other limited print of Fred with a Bobcat. Ben told me the the picture was in original packaging for what that was, but didn't find a certificate.
  Picture of Fred and Bob Link

Offline Missaukee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear and Bob munger limited Picture question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
Why don't you ask the artist? Charles Denault is still alive.

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »
I have placed an E mail to him. I have not received an answer, and will be making a call in the afternoon.

Offline Missaukee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
I think he must be getting up in years, I am sure he did a little hunting with Fred, as he used to live in Michigan.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Shane- I got mine back around 1989 from an order form in the premier issue of the Ted Nugent magazine "World Bowhunters" that he put out.I didn't realize until now after digging the issue out that it was ordered directly from Bob Munger at the time.I do not recall receiving any sort of certificate with the print.

Here's the advertisement for it from the magazine:

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »
John, thank you for that info. Lets pray for it's safe arrival. Being mailed usps

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Here is an update. I had to edit some info about Bob Mungers Estate.

Hello Shane, There was never a certificate of authenticity done on the Fred Bear, Bob Munger painting.  I turned it (the painting)over to Bob Munger, he was the one who set the price and quantity.  Unfortunately he passed before the entire run was issued, Glen Williams apparently bought it from the Munger estate and sold some of the prints, cost, unknown to me.  Glenn passed before he sold the remaining prints.  What the cost was then and what it is now is beyond my knowledge.As far as I know, Bob Munger sold them for $150.00 for each print, Glen Williams sold them for approximately $1000.00 per print, but that is only hearsay on my part.  The original was given to Bob Munger and if it was sold I have n o idea nor do I know where it may have ended up.

Charles H. Denault

Charles H. Deunault Studio

182 Hanscom Rd.

Eliot, ME  03903

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©