INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Small Pamphlets - Tributes to Saxton Pope & Arthur Young  (Read 446 times)

Offline Tox Collector

• Trad Bowhunter
Small Pamphlets - Tributes to Saxton Pope & Arthur Young
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have copies of the small pamphlet with a tribute and an appreciation to Art Young written by Dr. Paul Klopsteg and dated February 28, 1935?

How about the pamphlet with a tribute to Saxton Pope from California and Western Medicine dated September, 1926?

I was going through some of my ephemera and came across these pamphlets -- they are kind of special and probably somewhat scarce!
"...the volumes of an archer's library are the doors to the most varied scenes and the most engaging company."  C. J. Longman, Archery, The Badminton Library, 1894

Offline JavelinaHink

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Small Pamphlets - Tributes to Saxton Pope & Arthur Young
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
I looked and don't have those in the collection. I have some pamphlets from NAA 1938, 1939 they have a lot of helpful info, I'll have to keep my eye open for copies of yours..Thx, Bill
A TRUE FRIEND ALWAYS THINKS YOU ARE A GOOD EGG EVEN IF YOU ARE SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
i have a copy provided by one who has an original of the Art Young Pamphlet.

I believe I have a copy of the piece on Pope from Western Medicine along with other articles from that periodical.  Pope mailed them accounts from Africa and they published his letters.  He published some medical pieces and he was doing studies on gall bladders of all the critters they killed while in Africa.

Yes, I'd say they were pretty scarce.   :)

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
I do have a copy of an article on Pope from the September, 1926 issue of Western Medicine but not the pamphlet.  It's likely the same information.  I was not aware of the pamphlet until you brought it up.  The letters published in Western Medicine from Africa were from 1925.  

And, I do have a "copy" of the Young tribute that was put together an bound just like the original from another collector.

Probably not a great many passed out.  Pretty neat stuff.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©