INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Narrow tips  (Read 539 times)

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Narrow tips
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »

These have to be the most narrow Bear takedown green tips I have seen. Any others out there?

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Narrow tips
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:06:00 AM »
Are you asking if they may be factory"  I'm thinking someone has modified them?  

I remember our friend "Vintage Bears" posted some of his green tip re-shaping a few months ago.
Lon Scott

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:30:00 AM »
I like them!!!

Like Lon said I believe someone got on them with a file and some sandpaper! They did an awesome job though!!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
I have never been crazy about those shovel tips and have modified a few like those on the left.

Offline Hobow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
They have a factory look to me.  Not only are they almost identical to my red tips in shape, but look at the difference in the limb widths.  If you follow the limb edges up to the tips it is a constant taper on both sets, you couldn't make the set on the right look like the set on the left without narrowing the limbs themselves. Not to mention the factory radius on the lower corners of the green overlays...

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Of course, the limb width may have been modified as well.  Almost looks like the limb on the left is wider than the one next to it, though that could just be a photo abberation.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©