INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Compton Fred Bear Print  (Read 713 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Compton Fred Bear Print
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
Last summer Compton Traditional Bowhunters commissioned renowned wildlife artist Jack Paluh to produce a print featuring a legend of traditional archery.   It didn’t take much deliberation to settle on a subject.  Fred Bear is synonymous with the rise of bowhunting and was a natural choice to be featured on this print.

At the recent rendezvous held in Berrien Springs Michigan, the completed print was unveiled and the first prints in the limited edition series were offered for sale.  The reception was outstanding, and we look forward to quickly selling out this print.  This is a very limited edition of only 300 prints.  If successful, the hope is that we can turn it in to a series of prints featuring other legendary traditional bowhunters.  

If you weren’t able to attend the rendezvous and are interested in ordering a print, details can be found in the Compton forum at the link below.

The actual image size is 18 x 24, and each print has been personally signed by Jack.  They are individually numbered. (1-300)  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=000035
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compton Fred Bear Print
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
I like it!

Hey Whip, what's the size?
Lon Scott

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Yep, and signed by Jack. Very Nice!!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
Lon,
I am checking on the size and will post it here as soon as I have it.  Looks like a standard size print to me, but what do I know?  :dunno:  

I will get the actual measurements and will let you know.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
That was a quick answer - the actual measurements of the prints is 18 x 24".
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline Tatersalad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Ordered mine Sunday night!  Can't wait to hang it up in my camp.

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
paypalled in my order last night!  awesome will go great with my pat marino prints
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »
got mine in the frame shop this evening.  I am incorporating two very special razorheads.  1 from my first turkey killed with a bow (see avatar, was also wearing genuine Bear Archery Co. Camo at the time), and the second from my first black bear killed with my autographed take down Green stripe.  

Can't wait to get it back, will post a pic when I do.  Going to look great alongside my Pat Marino collection and my AAC print.
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline 69RECURVE

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Ordered my today from the Compton web site. Hope they hurry.

Offline 69RECURVE

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Look how quick Compton's was in getting me my print. Yes you got it my print came in the mail today as well as my subscription to the Traditional Bowhunter Magazine with guess what on the front cover. Guys this is a heck of a print and if you don't know Jack Paluh then you should do yourself a favor and check his Art out it is very good.

My print was # 104 out of 300 and with it on the cover of a well known Trad Mag it may get to 300 real quick.

This thing is simply awesome!! Vintage Fred not a doubt in my mind that this could of happened to him.

Andy

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 09:48:00 PM »
Makes a nice cover on the new TBM.......   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
I haven't received my copy of TBM yet, but I could tell they must have been hitting the mailboxes.  Sales of the prints have really taken off in the past week or two, no doubt due to the TBM cover.  

There is still time, but I wouldn't wait long....
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©