INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: magazine/ bear catalog worth?  (Read 436 times)

Offline RUTANDSTRUT

• Trad Bowhunter
magazine/ bear catalog worth?
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
i have a set of 1972 bow & arrow magazines i want to sell.  it includes february, march,june, august, october, and december issues.  the march issue includes the complete 1972 bear catalog inside.  magazines are in very good condition for thier age.  just wondering what you guys think is a fair asking price.
thanks, ron

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: magazine/ bear catalog worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »
They're worth what someone is willing to pay for them.  I've seen old mags like that at bow shoots/rendezvous for about a buck a piece.  Many times they don't sell at that price.  In one case, I saw a fella dump 20-30 years worth of old arhery magazines in a dumpster after the shoot.  No one was interested in buying them, and he didn't want them around any longer.

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
I would like to see this forum go back to where you cannot discuss values here at all. Not slighting you Ron but frequently I believe individuals are requesting values while truly looking for a sell. As stated so many times in the past the value is what someone is willing to pay for the item. Prices go up and prices go down but if you want something bad enough then as the big auction site shows the sky can be the limit. I frequently book marks items just to get a general idea and very often end up surprised!!
Good Luck to You......

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
Go on the big auction site (pig-latin for "be") and look for copies of magazines similar to yours in age, condition or name, to see the opening bids.

Probably get a better answer if you email the booksellers specializing in vintage and antique publications and contact them to see if they buy old magazines to resell, and how much they offer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©