INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear T/D HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11323 times)

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear T/D HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Been thinking about one for while now Chuck......then all of a sudden when I started to get serious the prices went crazy.......just been waiting for the right deal. It popped up while I was in Baltimore at the shoot down there.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
I couldn't pass up Big Jim's sale and free shipping either.  Ordered a two-tone A.  Been a long time since I owned an A.  Can't wait to shoot it.
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:00 PM »
I thought the prices were "crazy" in 1984.....

When Bowhunter's Warehouse wanted $295 for one!!!!!  :eek:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Online Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: May 21, 2015, 07:32:00 AM »
I bought a green stripe from Smoky Wagner's shop in Oil City, PA in 1984 for $350.  Wanted to get one where I could see and hold it.
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: May 21, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
Just getting ready to put a B mag back together.  I stripped it in order to have it dipped.  Since I've been shooting longbows more of late, I decided to save the money and keep it the original Delta Green.  I have an A and B mag that have served me well.  The mags, in my estimation, have been the best 'back-up or go-to bows' ever made.  
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
X2
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Redtail2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
I've been playing with the mag risers for sometime now. I think for me and my friends, I have re-built more than 25. Most all were powder coated and a few camo dipped. My question is, I believe the rarest of all of them is the B target handle. Just got one and have only seen one other. Does anyone have production details, thoughts , or pics of these handles? Thanks, Steve

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
Being a metal riser fan I have been looking for a MAg handle for awhile and like ron w while at the Baltimore shoot last weekend I scored exactly what I was looking for

Got a set of limbs on the way and love reading some of the comments from shick, redtail and vintage on the mag risers. Looking for a high wrist grip but cant wait to shoot it and get it hunting ready.
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2015, 12:23:00 PM »
My 80's green stripe should be here any day. Ordered a set of limbs from Big Jim yesterday for it. Already thinking about the next TD.

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »
I admit that I have a wee little problem with Bear bows. I like the T/D's a LOT! I have picked up an "A" & "B" bow of each of the variations they have brought out since the reintroduction in 2011.  I picked up a B two tone when they came out but had held off on an A for awhile. Well, Big Jim had his Memorial Day sale on Bear bows and I rectified that situation.

Here is my two tone "A" riser with #3 limbs making a 60" bow. This one is about 64-65 pounds at my draw length and very, very purty!

[/url] [/IMG]  

[/url] [/IMG]  

[/url] [/IMG]

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
Nice one. I was wanting to get a bubinga B riser but didn't act quick enough.

Offline monk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
OH YOU GUYS ARE KILLIN ME!

Online ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
Got a "B MAG" coming this week, mid 70's with the dark gray hammer tone finish. The collection begins.........   :eek:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:00 AM »
Just saw my old thread still going , had to sell all my Bears a while back due to the little thing called life. Now that things are getting back to somewhat normal I hope to be starting back with a few more Bear Takedowns in my future. It was sure some sad days when I had to part with my beloved collection of Bear gear but it had to be. I have been watching all the old Bear films and really wanting another takedown to carry in the woods again. Keep it alive guys.....

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Amberjack

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
I picked up a 2001 brown-stripe earlier this year and am just wondering what took me so long to get into one!

@Sam, I find that watching the old Bear films, especially 'Rural Route One' usually results in adding another Bear to the rack.  Once the wife figures this out, I suspect she'll hide my DVDs!

The nice thing about Bears is that they're always out there.  When the time is right, yours will come along.

Jack
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" Gen 27:3
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->>>

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
I think a Green Stripe is in order to get me back in the game , I like the new two tone riser also....

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2015, 05:48:00 PM »
Just bought my second A riser is two months, maybe I should join the bear of the month club   :bigsmyl:

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2015, 12:12:00 AM »
Looks as if I'm back in the Bear takedown game , I made a trade and got back the first one I ever had. Gold stripe I  what I call it ( one from the 90s ) and looks as if I might have another on the way also. Guess I need to get out my old Fred camo and hat.....

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :archer:

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
I did get back into the Bear TDs and they are treating me well again , just like good old friends.

,,,,Sam,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©