INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 504 times)

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
What am I doing wrong?
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »
Been watching the auction site now for a while. Curious more than anything. Can't afford much. I do have them send me an e-mail when something comes up that I may be interested in.
But then every once in a while a Bow shows up here that someone asks about they find on the site but I get no notice about the same Bow. How come? Is there some tricks involved? Or is it that I'm in Canada?
Confused. Thanks for any help.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
I don't get any notices at all-so you are one up on me................just go to the site regularly and look under 'recurves', 'vintage' and 'bows-other'. That about covers it. Check the classifieds here too.

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
Ditto!!
I was a bit confused by your post but there is no mystery when it comes to searching for old bows. Hit the auctions and classifieds but don't get disappointed if you get out bid or fail to get the one you like. Just try again!!! There are some great deals out there and the more you look the more familiar you become.

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
I just search "vintage Bear archery" and then start drooling. I usually check every day or so.

Ross
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Even the rare "one-of-a-kinds" seem to pop up again in the near future.

Ditto what Bjorn said above.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 03:40:00 AM »
Thanks guys that's a few more ideas. There is a feature there that you can fill out a request and you get an e-mail when the item comes up for sale.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
The email and the searches depend on your search criteria and the sellers listing..

The more loosely you define your search, the more you will get.

The tighter you define it the less you will get..

The good deals come when the seller posts it poorly and it flies under everyone's radar.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©