INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ben Pearson Cougar Info?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Lakeshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Ben Pearson Cougar Info?
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
I picked up a Ben Pearson Cougar 7050. Black glass and a darker wood, looks good for a lower end bow.  Serial 27411-105
AMO-62"
35x#-28
U.S.A
I haven't seen a lot of 35# cougars with this color glass and wood combination and just wanted to find any information on this bow and the cougar line. Thanks
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"- Genesis 27:3

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ben Pearson Cougar Info?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 11:38:00 PM »
John, They are a nice solid bow. Like most of the Pearsons they don't get a lot of glamour, but are nice shooting bows. I have always liked Pearson for 40 some years and that won't change. Good luck and enjoy.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Gila Mike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
The earliest Pearson-branded Cougar I know about was the Model 962, which was a reflexed "semi-recurve" with a longbow-style grip. I got mine about 1960. It was my first laminated bow.

The second model (numbered 705?) came out in 1964, I think. It resembled some other recurves of the day, having a sculptured grip in the maple riser and a full-sized sight window.

The Model 7050 came out in the 1970s.

The Cougars have always been either 62" or 64" in length but they varied by years. I've never seen one heavier than 55# but some may have been made.

The Cougars were always good bows, especially for someone just getting started in archery, as I was at the time.

Best of luck!
Mike
"Hunt ethically and in fair chase. You'll know the feeling when you have done it right!"  .......(Glenn St. Charles, Bows on the Little Delta)

Offline Lakeshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
Alright cool, thanks!
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"- Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©