3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We may have another young bowhunter among us  (Read 392 times)

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
We may have another young bowhunter among us
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »
My little cousin Garrett turned 14 this year and wanted me to take him out hunting. He's not completed his bowhunter course yet but I plan to help him get him in to a course at the local bow shop I go to. The coolest part of it is his dad has an old recurve that he doesn't shoot anymore. My cousin found it and said he wants to hunt with traditional bows!

I hope he does then I have someone to go stump shooting with and have a new hunting partner. He's really in to the recurve simply because its a simple bow and he doesn't have to worry about any of today's fancy gadgets. He wants to learn to shoot barebow so I pray he sticks with it. Im pretty excited he had a great time hunting with me this year. Although we didn't get a deer we seen a lot and he loved being out there. Sorry for the long rant but I just cant believe he wants to become a bowhunter.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We may have another young bowhunter among us
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
Good for him and YOU!!! Glad to hear you have him in the woods. No better place to be, and no greater time sharing it with another!  :thumbsup:  

Brent

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Its hard to get him up here more often his dad makes him work around the house everyday so anytime he can get away hes running. Also gotta get him away from them video games
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
That's great,I hope you have a great time together.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Thats good for the both of you.
Gil
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
Good for you!  It's sometimes mind boggling how much of an impact you can have on a young persons life simply by being there to help show the way.  You have obviously made an impression on your cousin at a time in his life where life altering desicions are being made.  Life is full of choices, and kids that age often make bad ones.  Glad you are able to influence some of that!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Boys love bows. Just gotta get in their hands once.I've seen it a thousand times.
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©