INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Tamerlane, Victor, and Kodiak Special all Together  (Read 852 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tamerlane, Victor, and Kodiak Special all Together
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
This past week I had a guy bring in 4 bows that he had decided to sell in order to downsize his collection of Bear bows. All of them were in near mint condition with good finish, no cracks, and no dings. One of them is a really nice 1967 Blonde "Tamerlane" @ 26#. Another is a "Victor" @ 35#, which was only made in 1972. The third one was a "Kodiak Special" @ 42#, which I believe was made in 1957 or 1958. The number on it is "RXT117". I have looked at the catalogs from the two years but can't find anything that indicates which year this bow was made. My guess is that it's a 1957 model, but that's just a guess. Just wondered if anyone had any more info on identifying the year of manufacture.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tamerlane, Victor, and Kodiak Special all Together
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
I'm guessing the R is above the XT and not part of a serial number it is the initial of the inspector. The XT could be associated with a 1956 KS but we really need a pic of the riser and glass colors. Horney Toad sent you a great link you should be able to find the bow there too.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Wow! Thanks. This is the first time that I have posted to this forum and am well pleased. The link sent by Horney Toad was invaluable. The bow that I have is a 1957 model Kodiak Special.

Bjorn, you are right. The "R" is above the "ET117"

Now I've got to find a good home for these classics. I'll probably put them on the market in the next week or so. If anyone has an interest in buying or trading for any of them then let me know. I have decided that at the approaching age of 70 yrs., it would not be in my wife's best interest for me to continue collecting bows for her to deal with afterwards. (That's my idea, not her's.)

Offline ncheels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Don,
You listed 3 bows.  What was the 4th, just out of curiosity?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men
do nothing."

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
Hi Richard, the 4th bow was a Bear Grizzly that I believe might have been made in 1967 1/2. It's a 58" 50# right hand bow that's in good condition.

Anyone have an idea what the "Victor" is worth? Since they only made it one year means that it has to be rare. I had not seen one before so have no idea. I was going to put it up for auction, but someone was wanting to buy it direct. Thanks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©