INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Wow! A Cache of Vintage Bear, Hoyt, Wing, and Howatt Bow Strings  (Read 832 times)

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
A while back I aquired an assortment of vintage bow strings that came from an old gun shop/archery shop that went out of business. Almost all of them are 68 - 70" and are Dacron. However, there are some Hoyt Kevlar strings in the same 68 - 70" length. These strings (50 - 60 of them)are in their original package and unused.

Now I am trying to figure out what to do with them. Wouldn't these be great for someone who collects old Bear, Hoyt, Wing, or Howatt bows? If you or someone you know collects old target bows in these lengths, let me know if you are interested in buying or trading for one or all of them.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wow! A Cache of Vintage Bear, Hoyt, Wing, and Howatt Bow Strings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
There's not that many bows in that length. I'd try putting them on auction for a lot of 5 strings.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wow! A Cache of Vintage Bear, Hoyt, Wing, and Howatt Bow Strings
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
A lot of the old Tamerlane, Kodiak Specials, and other target recurves were made in these lengths. Someone who trades in these vintage bows, or collects them should be able to get good use of these original strings. I'd prefer selling or trading them to a fellow tradganger rather then auctioning them off piecemeal. If anyone is interested give me a pm or call.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©