INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Restoration/repairs  (Read 628 times)

Offline Olddog

• Trad Bowhunter
Restoration/repairs
« on: July 27, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Hi, this is the first post from a Newbie and I need some info. Just picked up a great 1960 Kodiak and love the way it shoots but it needs a little TLC before deer and elk season. I need to get a set of decals so I can do a complete refinish as it has already been badly wiped down with poly over the top of some minor stress cracks which I would like to get some Loctite 420 down in. My questions are: How do I make sure the cracks are clean, are the decals in the topcoat or under the glass and how do I get ahold of Al for decals. Thanks Olddog  :deadhorse:

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Restoration/repairs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
Decals get applied after the first coats of clear, then several more coats to protect them. Al is at the Penn. bow show this weekend...

[email protected]

Alan Hardford
4663 St Anthony Rd
Temperance, MI 48182

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Welcome Robert!

Any "Newbie" with the experience and knowledge  to choose a 1960 Kodiak AND who also already knows about the magic of using Loctite 420 on stress cracks AND who knows the magic worked by Al's decals has a lot to offer this site. You really are an "Old Dog" when it comes to bows.

Do your questions deserve a "deadhorse?"
    :deadhorse:    

Nonsense!

As TG bowhunter Mojostick once wrote:

"It's not a dead horse as long as some continue to ask for help and education on the subject. Keep in mind, new traditional hunters come to this site everyday."

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »
Sanding sponges, oooo steel wool, Loctite,  Al's decals, wipe on polypropylene Truoil, buffing rag.  Equals a beauty!
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©