INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Cyber Stalking DropBomb  (Read 1206 times)

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
Cyber Stalking DropBomb
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:00 PM »
Last month I was asked to assist Shane Reed in moderating this forum to prevent it from being shut down.
The word comes from "moderate."
One TradGang member, Rich Lopez, departed this site to tend to his own business. His threats against Terry Green were read and recorded, but since Terry lives in Georgia and Lopez lives in Maryland, his internet threats of violence have yet to be carried out.
Then I was asked to moderate. Not ban, not threaten, not harass. Moderate. When obviously fake members, all with the same IP address, began to post, they were reported. One fake called himself "greasyshaft" or "Richard Manuel." (Guess who that was.)See the little whistle at the bottom – any TradGang member can report. Only admins can review and ban.
 Unfortunately, I live in the same small town as Richard Manuel Lopez and his website admin, Jim Raine. I now represent all of TradGang to Jim.  
This afternoon Jim Raine began to vent about me on Rich Lopez’s  website, and then acted on impulse to stalk my wife and child at our home. He threatened to continue "dropping" in on our cul-de-sac, and so far has begun his harassment by posting pictures of our cars, license tags, and home.
I would not like to see this DropBombing result in harm to this forum - the Classified forum is already being affected by this.
As members on this forum already know, I do not profit from this site. I realize now that brokering and hyping up bows to sell may have been Jim Raine's major source of income, but I did not ban him.
My wife and son are easy targets. I cannot protect them  or my cars , pets, or home 24/7, although my neighbors with small children have been alerted.  I  now have to worry about getting my tires slashed or my dog poisoned on one of Raine’s future late night visits.
I contacted Jim Raine on the Rich Lopez website to give him a chance to sober up before I take his posts to a States Attorney. This was a heads up to do what Rich Lopez did about his publicly posted threats against Terry Green – delete them.
Raine's response - "bring it on."
I talked to Terry and then forwarded Jim Raine's surveillance pictures and posts threatening more surveillance of my home and family.
Thanks to all TradGangers in advance for any help or support in dealing with this insanity. Expect the guys drinking with Rich Lopez and Jim Raine at Denton Hill to chime in soon. These are the guys Terry warned about in his post in the Classified Forum "Beware of Fakes."
As Terry Green posted on July 29
Thanks again....heard there was chatter of revenge on me at Denton.

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cyber Stalking DropBomb
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Dam, this is a bunch of crap. It's one thing to have a excuse the expression "pissing Match" on the internet. Quite another to actually come into some ones neighbor hood and threaten thier family. That is way over the line.
If it was my family I would make my first call to the police and look at a restraining order.

Geese im sorry any one has to go through what you are.
This is a sport for Gods sake! It sure isn't worth jeperdising life and limb
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:00 AM »
That was the most disturbing phone conversation I can remember having Tony. I made my contact to try and alleviate this situation. I honestly hope that this insanity stops. Not sure what sparked Jim to ask me why you and I banned him from this site? He should know that moderators can't ban.
  I tried to make that point loud and clear unknowing that you would become "his" target. I told him that there are other moderators, and they can't do more than eliminate postings, and forward information as any member can. He did make a public apology to me, but made it obvious that no matter what, he wouldn't apologize to you weather right or wrong on his part.
  I really think that he just snapped given that he knows you, and made it clear that he doesn't like you. I don't believe that this isn't the acts of a group, but rather one person acting alone.
  The fact that your home is being obviously the target of stalking is really disturbing me. I am very very sorry that this is happening. I feel responsible for trying to make the guy understand when he sought me out.
  I would have to hope that Rich would remove any and all pictures from his site. It would be crazy to leave them up. I also hope that he gets his friend under control.
  This stalking is an offense punishable by law. The most important thing is that you and your family be safe. Measures definitely need be taken to insure that.
Once again I am very very sorry for this trouble Tony.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 12:54:00 AM »
I never met Jim Raine in my life.
I never met Rich Lopez in my life.
I never talked to either on the phone.
Check my posts - I never had any dealings with either of them. They wouldn't know me if I walked right past them!
I thought both were a little odd, but didn't realize they were this unhinged until today.
I really think that words are the father of deeds. So what if Richard Manuel Lopez gets nervous and deletes the threats his website has been broadcasting all day. Deleting or editing this evidence is not very surprising, but stalking my family really opened my eyes.
Raineman is after pictures of me, my wife, and my son. Why he wants to identify us and what he plans to do after his surveillance is completed is cause for alarm. His obsession with me and his reckless behavior publicizing this does not indicate rational thought. I don't believe Raine has much self control, and I will warn my neighbors today. I would not like any of their family members to deal with him in case he goes off on a dog walker in my driveway.
Be very grateful that you live several hundred miles away, Shane.
Thanks Denis!

Offline Skates

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
No wonder Terry is trying to do something with the classifieds. I guess this might shed some light on the nay-sayers of change.  This is absolutely insane that men would do things like this.  They are not trad hunters, or even worthy to be among the trad ranks. They are a disgrace to not only our sport but humanity as well. Keep us posted.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Hopefully all the threads/posts containing threats have been saved somewhere and police are involved.

I would also ask your neighbors, those whom you trust, to help watch out for your family and home while you're away. I have a neighbor that will confront anyone at my home he hasn't seen before. And he's armed when he does. That's a good thing.

I hope all can be resolved peacefully.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Yeah,the only thing I dread is telling my wife and son to watch out for a strange guy lurking in our neighborhood.
I  just read this on Jim Raine's website - your never ending personal vendetta against me
I never met this guy and he is obsessed with me.

FYI
Terry Green has this same post running on PowWow.
He wants the main forum to see this.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Thanks for the PMs.
The information provided was very useful.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
I am a very easygoing person as anyone who knows me can attest, but I pity anyone that ever threatens my family in any way, I would not play around and would probably handle it myself but then I know how to do it and not get caught and leave no evidence. Get law enforcement involved immediatly.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
Danny -
Have screen snapshots of the original posts and subsequent revisions. Terry Green did the same thing a few weeks ago.

The revised posts are the best evidence yet. Very grateful that they were too arrogant to simply delete them all.

Raine said, "Bring it on."

I don't think he expected the support exhibited on TradGang today.

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
That kind of person and behavior has no place here or anywhere.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
Thirty three years ago I was an Emergency Department Tech at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City. I did this partly because of events that occurred in Baltimore City Hall on April 13, 1976. A deranged man named Charles Anthony Hopkins killed Councilman Dominic Leone because he lost the health permit for his restaurant. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time because I was a student working on a story about the youth curfew for a journalism course. After Dominic Leone was shot I was unable to do anything but hold his hand and try to take his pulse. I looked into his eyes as he passed.
I always felt guilty about not being able to save his life, and this is why I took the job in that Oklahoma City ER four years later. In the ER, I learned to deal with a lot of senseless death and violence. I know better than most the tragic results of loose talk and idle threats. I teach science in Baltimore City, home of both "Homicide" and "The Wire."
Trust me, I am being very careful about this matter.

For details check out the Baltimore Evening Sun of April 13, 1976. You may have to pay an archive fee. I believe you will find my first encounter with a madman on page 2 of Donald Kimelman's front page story.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
All PMs have been answered.

I am very grateful to all the TradGang members who were not afraid to give public support to my family.

I respect and understand the men who had to protect their families by corresponding privately.

We slept soundly last night.

Cade - Thank Terry for turning on the crickets.

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Tony.
Call me
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
Glad to hear you alerted the police and your states attorney
and good for you to have saved copies of what he posted, including the photos of your home and vehicle.
Anyone who would threaten, stalks your home and frightens your family is a low life and should not be taken lightly.

It's sad to hear what is going on and you have my support Tony.

.....Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
I have been trying to find a solution to this nightmare that does not result in harm to anybody.

Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning, the answer was clear.

It came from a conversation I had with Terry Green about how he dealt with threats of being beat up by a stranger on the internet he never met. Terry's internet enemy is the same guy who uses a rinky-dink website to send strangers to my door to terrify my wife.

Some of these other strangers love to lurk here and pretend to be TradGangers. They hate Terry Green, but they profit from his website. They have not been banned - but they are well known, and they "drop" in and out all the time. They are monitored closely, and they sometimes play their games on The Trad History/Collecting Forum. So far none of these "name droppers" has paid a photo recon tour of my house. Check them out if you are curious - they love to TTT old posts to stir the pot and ask questions to answers they already know and they already posted and answered word-for-word on their rinky-dink website. I chuckled at one I just spotted. Terry has been at this game for years, and a chuckle is as good as it gets.

Who cares about this stupid game? (Maybe Terry Green. This is his website, right?)

My real world problem is the two strangers that delight in bullying and terrorizing anybody they choose. Their stupid game, when it was lost forever, cost them money after they began abusing the goodwill of TradGang to cash out their chips. Losing their stupid game then cost my wife her sense of safety in her own front yard. I guess Rich Lopez and Jim Raine got even after all. Long after this post has faded, she will still be afraid. Hope the rest of the middle-aged "Droptine delinquents" dancing around the burning bows at their Denton Hill Camp Drunkenbozo bow burning ritual are happy with the results of this DropBomb.

Their game is over in my front yard. Terry Green and life in his neighborhood gave me the answer. Let me know if you agree.

Terry told me if a Jersey wannabe wiseguy like Rich Lopez drove to his small town in Georgia to carry out his threats, a small town Terry grew up in where everybody knows him ......

You get the point.

This is my solution and the reason I chose my close knit neighborhood to raise a family. My son, like Terry Green, grew up in our small neighborhood in Sykesville, where everybody knows him, and if a stranger came to our cul-de-sac this is what happens:

One of my neighbors is a police officer. My son and his friends have trick-or-treated at his house for years. Never needed to chat with him until yesterday. We discussed a lot of things - gun collecting as a hobby, gun safety/responsibility, and the difference between scouting deer and stalking people. So far, I did not have our officer officially report this, leave our neighborhood and continue this conversation in a nearby neighborhood. Another recon mission from Mr. Peeper would put my neighbor in uniform and on the job.

One of our other neighbors works for State Farm Insurance. State Farm Insurance is a great company and will protect my home and family from any vandalism if these strangers decide to go trick-or-treating at my home one dark night. If this happens, the State Farm Insurance company home office will be sent all of the information needed to investigate who did the damage and what instigated it, even if this happens next year. If my car is keyed, our mailbox smashed, or my wife and son are photographed by Mr. Peeper or his creepy friends, State Farm Insurance will be notified immediately. Because Mr. Peeper and friends have our license tag numbers, they better hope nobody keys our cars from this day onward.

Oh yeah - a simple two word message to Mr. Peeper.

Back Off.

One more of your photo recon tours will seal the deal. Who knows how long you have stalking us? Who knows what is recorded on your camera's memory card as trophies to share with other perverted friends? Your next mission will be recorded by our friendly neighborhood watch. You want your own wife and son terrified or humiliated like mine? I don't. If you really insist that a police investigator should knock on your door - then by all means "Bring it," Mr. Peeper.

Back off.

Tell your creepy friends to back off.

You have made a lot of enemies before me, and they have sent me PMs demanding immediate action.
So far I have protected you by acting with restraint. Don't mistake my compassion for your wife or children as weakness.

Find another way to amuse yourself. If your feelings have been hurt - get over it.
Just be very careful on your website from now, and make sure none of your buddies stirs the pot.
Like a good neighbor, someone is watching you online right now.

Now the rest of the story. My wife's father is Greek, and her mother was born in England. Her father is a computer systems engineer for SPAWAR. He is a very protective Greek Orthodox father. No rinky-dink website wants him investigating anything involving internet terrorism or photo recon missions directed at his daughter and grandson. The best man at our wedding is a commercial artist. His brother is an ex-Secret Service agent with FBI buddies. We all went to high school together.

I used to free lance for the Baltimore Sun, Baltimore Magazine, and local papers. This would make a great story, and entertain thousands of readers. All kinds of issues could be brought up as the story unfolded - cyber stalking,State Farm Insurance Company,the need for concealed carry, gun safety and responsibilty,internet bullies, invasion of privacy - you get the point, Mr. Peeper?

This story is writing itself. Most of the people reading this wrote it. Only the continued silence and retreat of two strangers will end it. If my strange new visitors want this to continue to be written and eventually published in a newspaper or magazine - keep up the harassment.

Right now I want to end it here.

Back Off.

Online Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Whoaaa!! I think the Trad Gang header with the 3 stated goals are very clear and what makes this site so good.... I have been busy lately but to read something such as this is very bothersome...I support Mr. Green and the Moderators and a speedy passing of this kind of garbage.

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
34,998 to 2 doesn't seem like the odds are in their favor.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Jrbows....do you make bows to sell?

Also, about your comment.....they have their own web site....that is why they are banned....because I was sent a snap shot of them talking about sueing tradang and they were members here at the time.

So....another question....are you defending them and their actions ainst tradgang and Tony?

I'll await for the two answers.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
In short NO and NO I tend to hoard bows and as a matter of fact had a slightly sideways deal with one of the people in question but the deal had nothing to do with this site, beyond that I commented on this post on one of the other forums(I believe it was powwow) here on this issue in a negative manner towards the actions of the offending former members, was just trying to say they were going to more than have their hands full if they wanted to start trouble.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©