INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need Help With This Bow: Ben Pearson Mace  (Read 1384 times)

Offline MSU Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Need Help With This Bow: Ben Pearson Mace
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
I just picked up a Ben Pearson Sovergein Mace and would like to know any information on it. I know Pearsons are a bit under rated but where does the Mace rank? Are they shooters? Below is what is on the bow.
58"
59-579
40x-28"
I know it's a 58"er and 40 @ 28. Other than this I know very little. Thanks for any information you can share.
Bob Lee Signature LB 52@28
Kohannah Kurve 64@28

The small things are what matters the most when all is said.

Offline hardbern

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Help With This Bow: Ben Pearson Mace
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
The below taken from the 1965 catalogue (which funnily refers to 66 & 67 - but I've seen similar anomalies in a few of these catalogues.
The catalogue can be found online don't have URL offhand though.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Ben Pearson bows are definitely under rated.  The Mace, however was part of the "Golden Sovereign" line of Pearson bows.  These bows were better quality than the standard Ben Pearson's, and also better than the Locksley line which was another line of Pearson's.  They did this for marketing reasons.

Although the Sovereigns were somewhat based on the basic Pearson bows, they usually had a better quality of wood in the risers and were more aesthetically pleasing.

I don't know which Pearson design the Mace was based on, but it should be a good solid shooter if it is in good shape.

Good find.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline MSU Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Hey All,
This is why i love Trad Gang. All the knowledgable people who are willing to share this knowledge.  Thanks for the help and all the info.  The bow shoots great and I'm sure will be "flinging" plenty an arrow in the future.
Bob Lee Signature LB 52@28
Kohannah Kurve 64@28

The small things are what matters the most when all is said.

Offline arrowwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Hardbern's image must be from the '67 catalog... I have the '65 Sovereign catalog and there's no Mace model listed.

I'm taking all my old Pearsons and Sovereigns hunting this year, no sense letting 'em sit indoors.

Offline hardbern

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Yeah - I think whoever scanned the catalogs for the Ben Pearson website got them mixed up, ....but better that than nothing

Offline arrowwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
You're right, the 1965 BP catalog file has only a fraction of the pages of that catalog... and the 1967 Sovereign catalog appears at the end, along with a few pages from what appears to be a wholesale catalog in between.

Deadheads $2.50 a half-dozen in 1965, $3 in 1967! Ten - fifteen bucks each nowadays..

http://www.benpearson.com/vb/catalogs/1965cat.pdf

Offline rich e

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Back in 1966 my dad bought a golden soverign knight for himself, and he bought the mace for me. I loved that bow, but when compounds first came out I sold my mace for one of those cable bows. How I wish I still had my mace now. I do have my dads knight, which is a fine shooting bow. But I still keep looking for another mace, it was a fine hunting bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©