3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Broadheads  (Read 817 times)

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadheads
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
magnus are about 23 dollars for six   that price cant be beat for the quality you get imo
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Thanks I'll look into it.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
Magnus IMO are the best place to start to learn sharpening, they have an excellent grind and take little effort to sharpen.  We have 6 packs starting at $20.99 so a great value too.  We also have some Magnus 4 blades on clearance for $19 shipped in the sponsor's classifieds.  We also have the Magnus screw in heads, the 140 2 blade already has adapters installed and is an excellent head at $23.99 per 6.

STOS are the same way, great heads but a bit more pricey.

Most traditional style heads are very good heads, but some take more effort than others to sharpen.  Zwickey, Grizzly and Eclipse are all outstanding heads in there own right but take more skill to sharpen than Magnus.

Good hunting whatever you choose, get them sharp and flying straight, put them where they belong and you'll be grilling!
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
I second the Magnus or Zwickey both easy to sharpen and very tough heads, I have killed a bunch of animals with both.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
Good,I like that price too.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
What about TREESHARKS?

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Super nice---a bunch more money, but they last a long time and leave a HUGE hole.

Offline 6X5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Just my 2cents worth, but after trying most of the popular cut on contact 2 blades I settled on Grizzly 160gr broadheads. EASY to sharpen only one edge not 2  . Almost a 3 to 1 length to width ratio.VERY rugged and according to Asby reports some of the best penetration out there.Others I like are Eclipse 145 and the old gungy green bears.
Robert Johns

Offline kiamichi kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 02:51:00 AM »
I dealt with this issue this past year and came to the conclusion that that the Magnus 2-Blade was the head for me. Its an inexpensive broadhaed with a lifetime guarantee that is easily sharpened with an accusharp knife sharpener to a shaving edge in minutes. Definetely a great choice for those out there who struggle with sharpening(like me).
For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil. 1:21

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
Thanks yall.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©