INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Wanted: Flight Archery information/memorabilia  (Read 2368 times)

Offline MR BILL SHORTY

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wanted: Flight Archery information/memorabilia
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Online Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
This is Very Interesting and why I like this site. Thanks for ALL the info and your efforts and please post more!!!!

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
Great to see some interest in flight shooting history , flight and golf is an important part of the history of archery in the classic years.
I promised my friend , Tom Baldwin ( oldbohntr) I would send him some pics of some of the items we had here in the store on flight , figured I might as well post the photos here for all to share.
This is for you Tom, I look forward to a day when you Charles and I can sit down and pour over this stuff in person, your welcome to come as well Cliff.

This is a set of flight equipment owned by Mabel Tatro , a woman very involved in archery here in the northwest that you can see mentioned in many of the old magazines.    
Note that the length of the small bow is 32" that one is pacific yew made by Homer Prouty , known as Pop.

The next are some point that Bill Sweetland sent me that they supplied on their footed flight compressed cedar arrows, that is Bills writing on the container.
This next one is some of Bill Stewart's personal flight equipment .    
As Tom mentioned Harry Drake is an important section of the flight history , innovator, pioneer and very involved in what is now a very limited part of archery, here is a picture of one of his signed arrows and one of his bows.           The arrow is about 3/16" dia with a phenolic two foot footing and plastic vanes about 3/8" long
One of the great sources for info on flight and golf of this era is old club newspapers and such , here is one called "The Pacific Coast Bowhunter"
notice the obituary for Damon Howatt died February 20th 1965 as well as the old Howatt ad.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
This is cool, Tom. Hadn't been here lately. I have some flight arrows of a woman named Hazel Hackwith. They look to be identical to the one Ted has in the last photo!

Is anyone familiar with this lady?

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Steve, I don't know the name but maybe with all the response that is coming in, her contribution to flight archery will be better known.   Do you know anything at all about her?
Tom

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Tom,I have a bow with the white milky looking glass or plastic you talk about.It has the burnt orange bi-directional glass on the back & that white glass on the belly.It has 45 degree static tips it looks to be osage with several layers wood in the tips & riser.I tried to send you a pic.with no luck..I will try a pic. here.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©