INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Back quivers  (Read 975 times)

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Back quivers
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:59:00 AM »
Did bear make the vintage leather back quivers in LH and RH or are they designed for both

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Back quivers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Some were made each way.  Some of the most collectible were center of the back quivers such as the Nimrods and Northwoods quivers.

1960 Northwoods quiver (Center of the Back)

1959 or so Western RH quiver

Mid 50s Nimrod  (center of the back)

Early 60s St Charles Quiver Suede Model (center of the back)

Bear quivers are almost as much fun to collect and use as Bear bows.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Nice Trap!!

Offline trubltrubl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:15:00 AM »
thanks for sharing...real nice pics and collection trap...would love a lefty but I have come to realize that I am doomed....LOL

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
Lefties show up from time to time. Keep an eye on the big auction site. You'll find one if you're patient.

DD
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Nice photos Trap.

Don't forget that Fred designed some quivers to be over the right shoulder or over the left shoulder or center of the back, and that same quiver could be worn from the belt on any side.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Enlighten us Mr Phillips

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
Trap -

In the beginning (1933), Fred Bear established Bear Products Company... and God smiled…

The 1930s "Deerslayer" was Bear Products top of the line quiver, and arguably, the most versatile quiver ever produced by anyone at any time, (one of my more bold statements).

The “Deerslayer” featured the adaptability to be worn…

1) over the shoulder
2) center of the back
3) or at the waist

It was illustrated in the 1930s Bear Products Catalogs in each of these three positions showing the back side of a man.

Today, Bear’s 1930’s “Deerslayer” probably ranks as Fred’s rarest top-of-the-line leather quiver and perhaps his least known.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Wade ,

There's an old saying about pictures and thousands of words.

C'mon, quit teasing, let's see it

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
Still waiting Wade

Offline crazynate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
Nice quivers. I was flipping thought the Bear catalogs form the 50-60s and learned that for an extra 10% bear would make your leather quiver out of red white or black. Thought that was interesting. I've only ever seen a black nimrod quiver my old neighbor had. Never seen the old ones in white or red. Has anyone else?

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »
I think John Kabisa has a black and white nimrod. Still in the box if I remember correctly.

Crazynate, if you check out the thread a couple down from here, titled, "quivering with anticipation" you'll see John's quiver as well as many other vintage quivers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©