INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: AUCTION SITE BOWS HEADS UP  (Read 1916 times)

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
AUCTION SITE BOWS HEADS UP
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
there is a new seller of vintage bows mrgnk1

The heads up part is the removed accounts named longlazar and ccwest and this new seller are all the same person that many of us have discussed previously and well understand why the old accounts were closed by the auction site.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: AUCTION SITE BOWS HEADS UP
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
I appreciate the heads up.  I am watching a bow listed by that seller.  Thank you.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:53:00 AM »
Thanks for the tip Jim. That guy keeps trying to shed that white stripe!   :thumbsup:

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
Looks like some good pieces but first you would have to actually receive a purchased item at all then there would have to be no conveniently non photographed problems then what is up with the new trick of $40 shipping.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
He's listed a 62" Wing Thunderbird - LH....wow...oh well, don't want to lose the $40 in shipping...plus shipping back.  Appreciate the heads up
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 02:22:00 AM »
I appreciate the new name. Remember CCWEST1964 all to well!!!!!!

Offline BE Wild Willy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
What's the deal with this person. I've been watching three of their bows and two have disappeared. Can anyone elaborate on past dealings?

BTW, thanks for the heads up...

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
What did he do?

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
It is hard to get kicked off the auction site and he has been kicked off twice. Many here have had claim of sour purchase deals and he is by many accounts exceptionally over the top rude to the level of name calling and even leaving feedback on buyers calling them abrasive names. My personal experience is rude emails and he refused to send me a bow I won because it did not sell for enough then said he made up a story how he broke it then I saw it relisted and sell 2 weeks later with no damage.

Offline BE Wild Willy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
I was following a cool looking Groves Spitfire he had listed. In his add he had some very abrasive remarks about the person he acquired the bow from. Guess I'm not surprised at what AALLFAB just shared. It's a shame because I was really interested in the bow.

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 05:50:00 AM »
He made a purchase from me a few years ago, and altered the bow. Then I get a nasty E mail from him about how he had to do so much work on the bow because the strike plate, and rest was custom by previous owner and glued on. He was very vulgar. I proceeded to tell him that I would have offered to have him send the bow back, but he already killed that with his attitude, and remarks. He left a negative feedback for which **** wouldn't change. The bow was described well and pictures very clear of bow as I do with every single one I list. There was nothing wrong with my description and pictures were perfectly clear of the strike plate area. This guy likes to buy bows, and flip them quickly. The bow he bought was roughly purchased for $60 and I knew what stunt he was trying to pull. I have been told by others that he is notorious for claiming something wrong to keep a bow, but get cash back. I knew that was what he was trying with me. He made two mistakes. Number one he was vulgar from the start. Number two he had already made alterations when he posed his complaint. If anyone knows of other Alias he is using; please post. He is likely running a buyers account by now also. Notice on the bows he is selling; that he is offering to take checks in the listing. This is already a strike that he can be turned in for as that is no longer allowed under the site rules.

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:00 AM »
Q:
why is the kodiac no longer listed?
Mar-08-14
 A:  

**** took it off because I stated, in the description, that I accept checks. Screw ****; it's not enough that they take 10% but they want to make the extra 3% from PayPal. Then PayPal wants to keep my money for 3 or 4 weeks because "I'm in a newer **** account. I'm thinking of removing the rest of my auctions. I might list them on Tradbow.com or even gunbroker. I'll entertain offers until that point when they are relisted on a site that doesn't piss me off so much. I'm not even that mad about the amount of ****'s take but as if I don't have enough to do, the time I spent on listing: photographing, editing, etc.WAS WASTED. Now I have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN"

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
Above is a warning that you may see these bows come up on other sites. Not to mention you can see the poor attitude in his response to a question on the big site.

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
I am a well known picky buyer myself but this guy is in a class of his own making up stuff clearly already covered in a listing and his attitude. Glad you found ways to remind him of his past. I will call the sale site to let them on to that this is at least his third account.

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
What's your name on Big site so I can put you on blocked bidder list? lol Just kidding Good for you taking the time to ensure others don't suffer the same as some of us have.

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Funny and thanks and I understand sometimes things are honestly not discovered upon casual inspection. Everyone hopefully gets it that a bow is a high performance piece of art.

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Anybody know this guys name and where he is from?
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Shane Reed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
Dave Azar I believe. From MI

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
I know a guy that recently got a bow from him and said he was great to work with. It sounds like it may be just what it is, the guy sounds completely PO'd at the auction site and their new policies. The auction site owns paypal and they want everyone to use it. Less and less sellers will take money orders. The auction site wants their 3% off the top.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
Does the guy have ridiculously high prices as well?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©