3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan bunny stomp results ( pic pg 41+)  (Read 17383 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan bunny stomp results ( pic pg 41+)
« Reply #260 on: February 02, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
Do you think we can talk Jason into shooting at the Iron Bunny with his foot like he did the turkey?
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Tim....i had always thought that was Jasons new found form....  :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
OOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH I'll shoot that thing on my head if its possible,,LOL,,
I'm gonna post some pics next week of it,, I left it at work this weekend otherwise I'd have pics of it up,, Terry, I bought some secondary shafts a traditional outdoor supply,, and I beleive one of wisperstick bows, main Dealer,,that is where I've met Jim and shot a few of his bows,,Both great guys,,J
give him a call at (616) 636-2697
Tom is a great fella to deal with and he has secondary shafts for 15 bucks per dozen,,I thought that was a great deal so I'm shooting woodies plan on breakin a few on the iron bunny and maybe a few stumps,,LOL,,

TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
looks to me that your foot hold is a bit inconsistant, your collapsing after the shot, and not following through, plus your anchor is a little low, and you may need to try that with 3 fingers under..other than that.... its a perfect form!!!  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »
Exactly Jacobs! And you'd think that by using his leg to aim he'd be able to shoot a bow heavier than just 42#s. Good grief. Man up, boy!
 :biglaugh:
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
Glad you fellas got a kick out of that,,LOL,, 42#'s,, ya got me mixed up with Stevey  :smileystooges:   I'm shooting at least 53#'s out of that bow,  :readit:  ,LOL,,  :biglaugh:
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2008, 11:49:00 PM »
Looking good J you know you the man!!

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
I will justifibly admit that I never have read this post until tonight. Curiosity just happened to jump up (like that bunny) and attract my interest. Once started, I read thru the entire 18 pages of post. At the moment I believe I should wander into the pantry, grab a bottle of tomatoes and mix, possibly a tomatoedaquirie. (be back in a whiff).
 Gentlemen from Michigan, You are awesome. What a splendid example of pure American spirit. The rest of this great country could use you as an inspiration to the dedication that you abide.
Bowferd, from Nebraska.
  PS: No wonder we have so many bunnys left in NE. you scared em off.
 Donation coming to your noble cause. Wish I could make it.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
thanks Fred!!  We really wish you could make it too!  This bunny stomp has been able to grow because of the great "trad gang" site... Alot of us have met what we consider are closest friends thru tradgang... it has been a great tool to meet good clean folks with common interests..ie.. God,family, traditional archery, and lots of fun!  The bunny stomp is getting larger every year and has turned out to be a perfect opportunity to get kids involved in the great sport of archery....Plus raise money for the kids that are too ill to make it......Thanks for your interest and the time that you took to read down thru the post....this is a great group of michigan fellows!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Bowferd, This is one of the greatest bunch of guys I have ever met!!  I have shot trad archery all my life thanks to my dad and I am now 26.  Until I found TradGang last year I thought this was a dieing bread.  I have met so many great people on this site that I am more than happy to call family.  There is a handful of us that make a point at least once a month (on average) to travel any distance to shoot bows and shoot the bull for a day or weekend.  Our wives have even met now and at first just thought we were nuts hanging out with people found on the internet but now they know why we call these great people friends and/or family!!  Thanks for your contribution to the cause.  I know we can only do so much and we appreciate every little bit!!  Thanks for the post and thanks for taking the time, someday hopefully we can share the same hunting ground with you.

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Gee Steve if I would have wrote a little less maybe I would have beat you!!   :goldtooth:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
sorry Tim....it looks like we think alike!  :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
I hear ya!!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
PS: No wonder we have so many bunnys left in NE. you scared em off.

Thats funny stuff right there,,LOL,,

All 18 pages,,whoa,, thats alot of reading bro,, Thankyou for the donation to the raffle for st. Judes children and thanks for the comments that literally gave me goose bumps while I read them.  My freinds on here aren't freinds anymore,, their family. In todays world ya might think that there is just no good folks around anymore. Wrong!!! ya come to tradgang and ya find some of the most giving, heart felt folks around that will drive hour or two and shoot for the day, tirkey hunt, deer hunt, and without anyexpectation of killing, we just have an apreciation for living and sharin with folks of our own nature,, God bles ya'll and keep them arrows straight,J.B.
TGMM

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
ill second that jason  btw  I will be bringing a couple of dozen glue on blunts like i made for steve for anyone to try!!!  

i will brong glue also
St. Joe River Bows

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
These Michigan guys are a great bunch, I wasnt at the last one but the ones before and we had a blast. I missed the Deer hunt but am making plans to go this year with my son if I can keep him interested, he will be 18 so only God knows but I am praying he stays on the right track.
Feb 16th wont be here soon enough.

Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
Can't wait to seeya again terry,, you still buildin self bows??
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
My wife often tells me i have a " feather fetish" and i belong to a " bow cult" ...i think she may be right!! So, i was up until 1 am putting some loving touches on these beauties....i decided to go with 4 extra large peeled turkey secondaries, stained mahogany, with 6 coats of dipped spar urethane....these are going in the raffle, and i hope the winner enjoys!! the pic doesnt do justice...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
Jason, I havent built any lately, I have one in process for over a year I need to finish someday. I was thinking of making it 90# to use when I get together with others to see who can pull it back and prove their manlyness (if thats a word).
Steve nice arrows.

Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©