INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Browning Catalogs  (Read 820 times)

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
Browning Catalogs
« on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
Are there many 1963 Browning Catalogs floating around?

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Browning Catalogs
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
Cliff, I have a collection of "gun" catalogs from various companies dating to the 50's.  

Do you know if Browning bows are included in the catalog?  If so, I can dig them out of storage.
Lon Scott

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
No need.  I have the initial Browning color "condensed" catalog that came in the May 1963 TAM/Archery World first announcing their line of bows.  There was supposed to be a full 1963 catalog that you could write for and likely it could be picked up at a dealer location as well.  I'm just wondering at the scarcity of this catalog if I run upon one.  I keep track of archery mile posts occurring in 1963, the year I graduated from high school.  It helps me keep up with time lines and stuff.

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
I believe I have the catalog you mention. Full color and measures 15 1/2" by 8 1/2". The bows in the catalog are: Challenge, Olympian, Safari, Nomad, Apollo, Medallion, Spartan, Mohawk and Apache. it also has Browning arrows quivers sights and the accessories price list insert. Mine is in good condition but not perfect. I have not ever come across another. I believe it is 1963 but there is no date anywhere on the catalog.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
That's interesting, would love to see the old Browning catalogs. I'm thinking they will be hard to find.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©