INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: NE Plus Ultra????  (Read 1041 times)

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
NE Plus Ultra????
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the NE Plus Ultra designation on my Hi-Speed means and how it differs from a standard Hi-Speed ?
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NE Plus Ultra????
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
"Nothing can be finer"...or something like that.  To me, it's like all the Bear fans preferring bows made in Grayling.  

There's just something magical about a quality built bow.
Lon Scott

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
Here's what larry Hatfield told me about the NE Plus Ultra designation ......we made some changes in the 70's in both the riser and limbs. by then we had ran out our supply of those decals so quit using them. think that was in the late 60's. it translates to "the most profound degree of a quality or state". damon was very into languages and came up with that early on in his career.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Nothing better!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 12:56:00 AM »
In Valladolid, Spain stands a monument to the great explorer Christopher Columbus. Its most interesting feature is the statue of a lion destroying one of three Latin words – three words that had been part of Spain’s motto for centuries.

On his first voyage, Christopher Columbus sailed through unknown waters to an unknown destination. Before his voyage, Spain’s standards carried three words in Latin. The same words were written on the left edge of the maps of that day. Even the Straits of Gibraltar carried the same three words, chiseled into stone.

“NE PLUS ULTRA – No More Beyond.”

While the world was convinced there was nothing more beyond, Columbus was not. His ships returned and the discovery of a land of wealth and opportunity “beyond” marked the dawn of a new age.

The world was forever changed. So much so, the king of Spain changed the motto of the land to read as it does today.

One word is torn away by the lion making it read: ” PLUS ULTRA – More Beyond! ”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©