INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Just made a deal for a 1960 kodiak  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
Just made a deal for a 1960 kodiak
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
I just made a deal for a 1960 kodiak. I have been shooting my '62 grizzly more lately and love the length and grip feel.. So I finally took the plunge for a real classic. I have never held one but it seems the '60 kodiak grip is very similar to the '61 and '62 grizzly grips..

I decided to go longer and got a #47 64" bow. All I know is the the serial number starts with DD.

Needless to say I am very excited. I also picked up a '61 grizzly that should be here tomorrow.    :bigsmyl:    :archer:
Tyler C. Moore

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just made a deal for a 1960 kodiak
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
All excellent shooting bows.  my 60 Kodiak is one of my favorites.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
You will notice my signature also starts with DD...meaning that bow actually was custom made for me when I was about eight years old...I will send you my address if you want to send it to me...do not even bother buying 60 inch 1960 Kodiaks...Phil and I have some but they are no good...right Phil   ;)    ;)    

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
Okay now my conscious has got the better of me for both telling a whopper and then trying to enlist Phil's cooperation...to make up for it I will bring a couple of my threads on 1960 Kodiaks to the top...some good reading and a really interesting picture of a 64 inch with the belly and back glass reversed

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
You Canadians DO have a sense of humor after all.  

Just to chime in, I'm also a big fan of the 1960 and when compared to the '59, I think it's better built, looks better, feels better and shoots better.

With the success of the new '59 Kodiak in 60" coming out of Florida, let's tell them to bring out a NEW 1960 in 64".  Dave and I get the first two, ok?
Lon Scott

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
I am a big fan of 1962 Grizzly's!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
As am I ceme, and I have you to thank for it.. THANKS!!!
The '62 you sold me is my favorite bow, I had it for sale want I to get a kodiak, but realized I was nuts!

It is not the fastest bow I have, but It is the most consistent shooting, accurate, and of course great looking bow I have ever shot!
Tyler C. Moore

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »
It was early on about an hour of sleep...a teacher ought to be able to spell conscience which I just did...after having handled a new Kodiak I stand by my contention that it is as much a 1960 replica as it is a 1959...the fibreglass overlays on the back and tips alone make it part 1960...at the same time it is an attempt at an improvment on both designs...if Bear can make market a 64 inch Super K they can surely market a 64 inch Kodiak and for that matter a 56 inch...you can have the first two though Lon...once I get my 64 inch Kodiak Deluxe I have a feeling I may have all the 64 inch 1960's I could possibly want

DDave

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:00 PM »
Yes, that's a nice one Zippercurve.  When I switched to LH I held on to one RH 1962 Grizzly.  It's at the link below.  It's waiting on my son to put another year or so behind him.  

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=004899

This was/is my all time favorite hunting bow

Here's another pic with a Bear reproduction arrow by Magnus

I have a LH that will be made to match this one so we can hunt together one day.  

At least that's one of my dreams.  Yes Kenny, you will one day be asked to skin the lefty too...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Got my 60 kodiak, going to start another thread with questions
Tyler C. Moore

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©