INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Grayling is where it's at  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grayling is where it's at
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Shane, is that top longbow the one you got from Bob.  I just spent the weekend at his Old Warrior Camp and we spoke about that bow at length.

I am looking to get a Bear dogleg in the 35 to 40# range, like I need another bow but don't have one of those.

Offline dnurk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Just curious as to where you all do most of your "shopping" for these classic beauties.    Obviously the classified forums here are a good place to watch but where else would you suggest looking around?   **** likely has some but I tend to avoid all the scammers and problems associated with that place.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 10:22:00 PM »
The more bows you buy the more places you will find them...I have had bows given to me from a post helping someone to identify the bow...I have had a lot of bows offered to me from other things I have posted...I avoid the classifieds on here in the mistaken idea that will reduce my purchases...I do use the classifieds on the other major site sometimes...for me the big thing is having lots of disposable cash at times and the willingness to take a risk...not for the faint of heart...I have not bought a bow on the big auction for some time...on yeah and lately I mostly get bows by trading with a friend who lives about 5 hours away

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©