INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Check out this one  (Read 806 times)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Check out this one
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
Any ideas on the serial # ?
Kodiak Special , wild riser eh?

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Check out this one
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
If the bow has a Kodiak Special silk screen, it is a bit surprising that the serial number is not "EXP." , as that is what the frame of the bow appears to be. Many other experimental Bears of the same era are marked EXP.

Probably most correctly categorized as an Experimental 1961 Kodiak Special as the Riser is most similar to the 1961 KS, and logically made prior to 1961 as the serial number with two letters followed by a number follows the 1959 and early 1960 serial numbering sequence. Hard to tell exact glass color from the photograph, but it appears to be similar to the standard 1961 KS glass color (in this case, glass color is the least significant of the three identifying characteristics mentioned).

Unusual bow, looks like it could be from the same Bear bowyer's cache that was located in the Northwest and brought to light a few years ago.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
No silk screen Wade and original finish , looks as though none were ever installed.
Not sure about the other bowyers cache but its here now, have to admit its a beauty.
A friend of mine passed ( way before his time) this last summer, we have all 720 of his bows , what a chore as well as enough accessories to open another archery shop.
If anyone is looking for something give me a yell at the store, I probably have it.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
That is exceptional! Beautiful riser and looks in great shape.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
Yes Bjorn , its a beauty! not a mark on it.
I will post a few more pictures when I return from Alaska end of next week of some of the other items and you can also see some on our used page on our web site , I will post more as time permits.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©