INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Roy Case: Bowhunting Pioneer  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
Roy Case: Bowhunting Pioneer
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the name, but if you go to the popular site online to watch videos, and type in the header above, you can watch this great historical bowhunting video. I loved it, and thought some of the others here might too. Enjoy.

Bob

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Roy Case: Bowhunting Pioneer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
It is a good video. The photograph that shows Roy with that first deer was taken by a friend of mine who passed away a couple years ago. He gave me the original negative of that photo and one other of Roy with his broadhead collection. The photo was taken in a park in Racine, Wi.

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »
That's awesome wadde. I just found the video this morning, and I've already watched it several times. Thanks.

Bob

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
Good stuff.  

I had read about Roy and knew he was recognized as a true bowhunting pioneer, but I still think he is little known by many.

He may not have the name recognition of a Fred Bear, Howard Hill or Glenn St. Charles, but Mr. Case does have a place in archery history.
Lon Scott

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the link and pictures Tony, I appreciate it.

Bob

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »
I also have a bow just like the one pictured that Roy made and signed and dated it in 1939.

Online Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 05:35:00 PM »
Good Post! Thanks for this. Mr Case was also very innovative in the making of some nice broadheads..I feel fortunate to have a few in my collection. This makes me appreciate them all the more......

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
Thats pretty neat... Not too far from where i grew up.

Thanks
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Larry m:
Good Post! Thanks for this. Mr Case was also very innovative in the making of some nice broadheads..I feel fortunate to have a few in my collection. This makes me appreciate them all the more......
You're welcome Larry, sounds like you enjoyed it as much as I did. I don't collect broadheads, but I'd love to see a picture of the ones you have that were made by Mr. Case. Heck, I'd like to see a picture of any of your collection that you'd be willing to post. Thanks.

Bob

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by wadde:
I also have a bow just like the one pictured that Roy made and signed and dated it in 1939.
Now that would be something to have. What are the specs of your bow wadde? any chance you could post a picture? Thanks.

Bob

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
This is from "JohnnyRazorhead" Kabisa's "More Michigan Archery History" he posted here July 23, 2012:

Here's a short article from a 1941 issue of Ye Sylvan Archer explaining how Daisy won the honor to get the number "3" tag that year.She is shown in the photo as well.What a pretty lady she was.I love this stuff!! Hope you do too.

Also included with these items were some arrows that belonged to Daisy's friend Peg MacIntyre that I mentioned earlier.I have another similar arrow of Peg's I aquired years ago with the same head on it as the two arrows on the right in this picture.The head is a "Special Order" head made for Bear Products by Roy Case in 1939.This information is from Wade's broadhead book.The other arrow with the larger 2-blade Zwickey belonged to Peg's husband Bill.Bill was a former president of the Detroit Archers.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
Tony,
  You amaze me. You remember more of what I've posted than I do. Thanks for bringing it back up. When I saw the other thread about Roy Case it reminded me of my few Roy Case items in my collection. I love the old horn nocked bow Roy made in 1930. Since then I've acquired one of Roy's hand made small game arrows from a nice fellow in Wisconsin. Will try to add some pics to keep the Roy Case stuff going.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 04:46:00 PM »
John -
The early 20th Century looks better every day. Hope to see your collection one day. Between you and Wade, there is too much to remember!

Online Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
Good Stuff Tony!!
Both John and Wade could bring a lot to this thread.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by Larry m:
X2....I really enjoy these history threads. I'm fortunate to have several Case broadheads and small game heads acquired through other collectors.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline Whitetail Addict

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Great picture and info Tony, thank you. To be honest, I knew who Mr. Case was, but I didn't realise how big a part he actually played in promoting bowhunting. I've read quite a bit about him since finding the video, and I'm looking forward to learning more. Thank you all for your replies.

Bob

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
If I ever figure out how to post pics I will add a pic of the Case bow I have.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
hery%20pictures/000_0620.jpg[/IMG][/url]
I thought this would be interesting on this post.A couple of lettwers from Fred Kibbe to Roy Case.planning an archery tournament.At his time Roy was the Pres. & Kibbe was the Sec. Treas.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 09:50:00 AM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©