INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bow finds,,,,,,  (Read 1205 times)

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow finds,,,,,,
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »
Hey bowbenders, greetings from the great white north. Been scrounging up some old bows recently. Thought I'd share some pics with you birds.... speaking of birds, here is my first generation Thunderbird all cleaned up and ready to rumble. My matching 2nd generation Thunderbird should be here in May. I've also added a freak type 3 1963 Kodiak Mag, a couple 1961 Kodiaks, some Grumleys (was in Omaha for 3 days last month and some bows followed me home), 1962 Kodiaks and some takedowners as well. Hope you enjoy the pics if I can get the photos to load.... laptop is really glitchy tonight, enjoy.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow finds,,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:00 PM »

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
Gotta love them very hard to find Thunderbirds!
Lots of nice, hard to find eye candy there..........

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:25:00 AM »
Chuck,

Nice 1st Generation #205 Thunderbird.

Yours has the reverse color lamination as my 1st Generation #203, third Thunderbird from the left.

Sorry about all the glare from the glass. It's too late to take the bow out of the case.

"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
Great bows Wade, my favorite as you know. I had the pleasure of talking to Glenn a couple times, he was truly one of the nicest guys I ever met in our archery endeavors. You just don't see Thunderbirds made by him available very often. Those that own Thunderbirds, hold on to them. As I will be doing with this one, plus the one I ordered from Jay. The Thunderbirds are truly in a class by themselves. The long riser and shorter limbs may be considered a recurve or semi-recurve but none of that matters to me. I'm just happy to have one and look forward to finding the next..... someday.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
Yes, Glenn was truly a great man. I first met him 1983 and always enjoyed spending time with him over the years. Glenn's seriousness and humor were a lot like Fred's. Not many left who were cut from that same cloth.

With just over 300 original Thunderbirds being made over 60 years ago, they have proven to be an uncommon and exceptional item for today's collectors to locate.

In early 2002 while working on a book, I spent a week with Glenn and Joe at Northwest Archery. During that time, I asked Glenn a thousand and one questions about his bows because I owned several of them including some pre-Thunderbirds. Someday, I need to get all of that written down.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
It's too late to take the bow out of the case.

Aha!

Wade's Antique Arsenal vault has a time lock!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
Chuck congrats on winning that beautiful T-Bird! It looks to be in very nice original condition. Great score!

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Can you post any more pictures of the K-Mag. What a weird bow! Relimbed?

Offline Steven E Milbocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 07:15:00 AM »
I had a Gen 2 Tbird I got from Jay. What a great man to deal with and the bow was one of the finest I ever owned, and I've owned a bunch of them. I traded it to a friend because of a bum shoulder but I plan to get another one in a lighter weight.I saw Glen several years ago at the Kalamazoo Expo. He was just enjoying the sights. I kick myself for not sitting down and talking with him.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©