INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Any Bear experts here?  (Read 931 times)

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Bear experts here?
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
I just bought a really pretty 58" Bear Tigercat 45#. I believe it is 70's and possibly Grayling era? It has cream colored glass and I am not sure about the coin. The serial number is KN23287. Thanks!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Bear experts here?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
tigercats were 62" bows for years, then went to 58" in 1970. it is a Grayling.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 01:01:00 AM »
Awesome thanks Horney Toad
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Any of the Grayling era bows around that time ought to have a decal on them indicating they were made in Grayling...if that decal is missing it probably means the bow was refinished

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »
Dave, it has the grayling decal. I was recently given some more info by a friend and have determined that it is a 1970 because of the length and because the coin is flush with the bow.
>>>----------------->

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
You asked the question about there being any Bear experts here...I doubt you will find more Bear experts gathered anywhere than you will right here in this forum...you might stump any one of us with a Bear related question...I doubt very much if you would ever stump all of us...if you want to see just one example of the Bear expertise here take a look at my old thread entitled BH series 1960 Kodiaks...I will even bring it back to the top so it is easy to find...if you take the time to read through it you will learn a lot about old Bears in a very short time...all of the big guns came out to play for that one

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
The 1970 had a bubinga riser according to the catalog. I seem to remember some of those with a lighter color maple or futurewood riser. Do you know what kind of wood the riser is? does it have a stabilizer bushing? 1972 was the start of raised coins.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Are there any Bear experts here?

I believe you could define a Bear expert as someone who makes three correct guesses in a row.    :readit:
Lon Scott

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
Lon I am still chuckling about that one

DDave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©