INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Super Razorheads  (Read 980 times)

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Super Razorheads
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
So, I don't really think these are "collectible" but I figured the thread would be more suitable here than the Powwow. I was able to find an old newspaper ad with some archery equipment that included this head in the 5-pack, which was dated October, 1980, and for all I know, they may still be around for sale... Found these at a local pawn shop and picked the pack up for $5.

I weighed one and it came out at 146.3 grains without the bleeder. I wouldn't want to hunt rocks with them, but they seem pretty solid, probably on par with some of the the Zwickeys I used back in the early 90's. I'm thinking I may mount them up and hunt with them this coming fall. Any comments/insight about this particular generation of Razorheads?

Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline Shooter#21

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Super Razorheads
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
Great pick up there for 5 dollars! I have never used them but from what I have read they have taken lots of game animals over the years. I don't know why they stopped making them because there is still a market for them. Happy hunting!
Bear Super Kodiak 50 pounds
Samick Sage takedown 45 pounds
150 gr Grizzly single bevel

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
There was a member of our archery club who obtained a few hundred of these from the Bill Stewart estate  and sold them for $20 a dozen.  I thought that was a good deal and picked up a few.

Bear made tons of these I think, but most hunters prefer the green ones, and I expect quality is about the same.
Lon Scott

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
If they have more, go back and clean them out.  They will kill deer just fine, or make great gifts/auction donations!

Good find! Happy Hunting!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
Use them with confidence.  They're a great head.  I've used them for years, and can't tell any difference with them versus the "green" heads.  I wish they were still made.  

Bernie

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
Killed more animals with the "greys" than the "greenies". Still a big market for them. Excellent head.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©