3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison-shawnee arapaho vs cheyenne ?  (Read 549 times)

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison-shawnee arapaho vs cheyenne ?
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Hello guys and girls
Trying to decide which to buy
Shawnee with arapaho limbs vs cheyenne recurve

Which is fastest ?

I would think the cheyenne would be the most forgiving bow of the two, on paper atleast.
Is that the case ?

Thanks for your thoughts
Jacob

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison-shawnee arapaho vs cheyenne ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »
I have one of each.  There is a slight difference in length and weight.  The Cheyenne is shorter and has 5 more pounds on my Shawnee - so take that into my comments.

I think the Cheyenne is faster and noiser and the Shawnee is more forgiving.  YET, I love them both and would not want to choose between them.

Some help I am  - hey?

Maybe the advice is you cannot go wrong.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
Get one of each and then you'll know!!!  :)

Seems a lot of guys like the longbow...Bob makes it with a recurve grip and we've gotten my recurve grip where it's pretty darned sweet for my fat hand... so I'm in trouble. Only good thing is lack of finances mean I can't indulge.

Be neat to have a recurve grip and the quieter longbow limbs with the carbon and foam core... :0

See the other thread on that back a few days... limbs w/ carbon and foam core! Yeowza!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
I personally think the Cheyenne is more forgiving and quiet, and the Arapaho slightly faster.  LOL!  They are both very nice.  I prefer the slightly larger riser of the Cheyenne, and it feels a bit smoother to pull.  It's just a bit more accurate for me.  

To make this even more difficult, don't forget about the ILF riser Morrison has.  I am test driving an 18" riser, with Morrison's foam-core B limbs.  The quietest bow (recurve or longbow) I have ever shot with just a pair of cat whiskers.  Very fast, and very smooth.  I've been shooting lights out with it.  So now I need to buy another bow, on top of the new Shawnee with carbon/foam limbs I ordered.  Will it ever end!?  (I hope not!)

Mark

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
I have both, I think that my shawnee is faster.  I shoot the cheyenne a bit better.  Both are outstanding bows.  Take this to heart, you won't go wrong with anything that Bob makes, period!
Semper Fi

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
thanks so far guys
Mrd, except for the possibillity of using winwin limbs are there any advantages with the ilf that the cheyenne cant offer ? suppose you can get foam-core with cheyenne too ?

J

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »
Yep, I have a new Cheyenne ordered with the foam limbs. Talked to Bob a couple weeks ago. He said he would personally not shoot anything but the foam limbs since he has shot them!

That's a prety good endorsement to me.

The main draw to the Shawnee is that you can switch to longbow limbs. I feel the Cheyenne would make the most shooter friendly recurve. Add the foam limbs and it's going to be smokin' fast as well.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »
I have both. Personally, I prefer the Cheyenne recurve to the Shawnee recurve: I think it's the deflexed riser but I just shoot it better. I have the limbs prior to the foam cores on my Cheyennes and they are buttery smooth, smokin fast, very stable in every regard. In short, I think the Cheyenne is the perfect recurve.

Bob's new foam core limbs should only solidify it's place at the top of my list. I have not shot the recurve limbs with foam, but Bob says they do everything the boo core limbs do better/more. Looking forward to mine in a few weeks.

The Shawnee with his new foam/carbon Dakota limbs may be the best takedown longbow there is, in my opinion. I have been shooting mine for a few weeks now and my Cheyennes have hung on the rack...that's the first time since I've owned them that's happened. While I'm not quite as accurate with the Shawnee, I'm sure with enough time I could be. And the new Dakota limbs surpass the previous generation recurve limbs' performance...something I didn't think possible.

For me, Recurve=Cheyenne, Longbow=Shawnee/Dakota

Call Bob and discuss it with him, you won't find a better guy to deal with.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
J

The only advantage of the ILF over the Cheyenne is the weight adjustment possible (about 5 lbs.)  The limbs I'm shooting can be adjusted from 45 to 50 lbs, which I really like.  Very easy to tune.  Otherwise they are the exact same limb.  You can also adjust tiller, but I really don't know anything about that, and what it all means.

Definitely get the foam/glass recurve limbs.  I was also test driving a pair of $700 Win & Win carbon/foam limbs, and Bob's limbs just spank them, IMO.  Faster, smoother, quieter.

Take care,

Mark

Offline tiur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
Try the IFL with uncle Bob,s limbs just to much fun or get one of each,
Asgeir

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
I own one of each.

"Which is fastest ?"  Doesn't matter.

"I would think the cheyenne would be the most forgiving bow of the two, on paper atleast.:...yes, the deflexed rizer is by default more forgiving whether on paper or in the field.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline J from Denmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 03:36:00 AM »
Thanks for the help

I think I am going for a Cheyenne with foamcore in the limbs.

Now comes the hard part....to decide on a wood combo for the riser   :bigsmyl:  

Would anybody happen to have a pic of a Cocobolo/curly maple combo ??

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©