3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking for info on Razor Rake sharpener  (Read 376 times)

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Looking for info on Razor Rake sharpener
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
Hey all, any info on the Razor Rake sharpener?  Used to be sold by the "Bonebuster Broadhead Co", I believe located in Wisconsin.  I have one of these from a few years back and I'm looking for a couple more.  Pull through type sharpener with round carbide discs.  If you have any info on where I can get some please let me know or PM me.

Thanks!

Ryan

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for info on Razor Rake sharpener
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Lookin' for this Ryan?
  Cabelas
Got wood? - Tom

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
That was designed and marketed by Bonebuster.  Unfortunately as far as I know they are no longer in business and nobody picked up the rights to manufacture.  It's ashame, really, probably one of the best pull through carbide sharpeners out there.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Tom, thanks for the link.  I'm specifically looking for the ones SPS mentions, but I'm going to order one of these from Cabelas to see what they are like.

SPS-that's too bad.  I was hoping to pick up a couple.  They are a fantastic sharpener, and all I've been using on my Snuffers for the past couple of years.

Ryan

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
Ryan

Not sure if this is correct or even current but I found it on the Field and Stream webpage, via google... was looking for a picture.  If it is like the one in the Cabelas link, I would love to know how you do your snuffers with it.

Bonebuster Outdoor Inc.
PO Box 244
Kieler, WI 53812
Tel: 608-748-4493
Fax: 608-748-4342
[email protected]
Est: 1996
Staff: 1
Pres.: Sam Runde
The Razor Rake is a broadhead sharpener round carbide disc that sharpens thousands of blades.

Click here for the F&S webage it came from.  

Hope it helps.
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »
Hey Ryan,I met your dad and talked with him many times at shoots and seminars.He's a great guy,and I've been shooting snuffers for over 20 years.I remember you,but you were very young.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
JC

Yeah, that is the contact info I have, the phone number is disconnected.  I'll let you know how the Cabela's one works out.  The original RR works great on Snuffers, nicks a little out of the sides of the tip, but doesn't weaken the head any as far as I'm concerned.  Gives a real nice burr-edge that I'm really preferring over the smooth razor edge I used to use.

DB

Glad you are happy with the Snuffers!  I miss those days of going to the shoots, saw a lot of hunters back then.

Ryan

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Ryan,

The one from Cabelas works great. I bought four more of them this year just in event what your talking about happens. Seems every time I find something that really works they go out of business and leave you searching again. There is something about the carbide these guys use. I have bought 9 or 10 different carbide quick sharpeners but none work like the Rake. It is the only sharpener that I have found that will return a Silver Flame to as close to factory sharp as you can get. I have tried em all, KME, Lansky, Steel Force Real Deal(junk) and all the diamond and stones available and the Flames pose a real challenge due to hardness but the Razor Rake cleans em up fast.
hunt it

Offline Flesner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
Ryan,
There is a kitchen knife and utensil company named RADA mfg. They make a little sharpener that sounds very similar to what you are describing. It has two disc's that you drag the blade through. They are only about $5.00..., if you can find one.

If you are going to be at the UBI banquet this year look me up and I'll show you the one I have.
Got mine at the Illinois State Fair.
You could enlist Cagel to pick one (or more)up for you next summer!     :)  

Mine work great for braodheads and fillet knives.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©