INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My Brother, "Dag"  (Read 7479 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Brother, "Dag"
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »
God's will, Bernie.  Such good news to see him rebounding at least for the holidays. May that continue according to His Plan.

Prayers for everyone involved. Strength. Peace. Healing and hope.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
Good news Bernie. Still keeping the prayers going.
Graham

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
I thought this message from my sister might sit well with you who have offered up prayers for Dag. His Step-Daughter, who was with him for the meal, also messaged me much the same opinions and with the additional comment that he appeared the best she's seen him since this started.

JUST TALKED TO DURWOOD---HE HAS MADE ANOTHER IMPROVEMENT IN STRENGTH SINCE YESTERDAY---ALSO TOLD US HOW LOVELY THE THANKSGIVING LUNCHEON WITH HIS FAMILY WAS, AND THE MEAL WAS GREAT AND EVEN TASTED LIKE REAL FOOD TO HIM---AND HE ATE VERY WELL.  WE ARE EVER-SO-THANKFUL THIS THANKSGIVING TO HAVE THIS IMPROVEMENT!!!
LOVE TO ALL
VIV  
:pray:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »
Bernie,

Just got back from a day with my own aged Dad and a grand time we had! It's so heartwarming to pop open your thread.. and see good news.

God does indeed answer prayers and whether for a reason or a season... May the blessings on the family and your much loved brother Dag continue.

All the Glory and Thanks this day go to Him!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
I called and talked to Dag myself today. Not much change. at least things seem to be continuing to be reasonably easy on him. However they still have not been able to make any plans re the cancer and he stated that the Dr. has told him he is dying. His spirits do seem to be good and i still feel God is answering our prayers to ease his journey.

I checked my e-mail as I hung the phone up and had a message from a lady friend that i used to work for (at the Hardware) that the man she married this Spring (I used to work with him and counted him a friend) was diagnosed with cancer this weekend and given 3-6 months without chemo, 6-12 months with chemo. His spirits are good also and he's playing pranks on the nurses - LOL. Sounds just like him. His wife is a mess though, by her own admission, so he has opted for chemo - for her sake.

It's all around me, as my part-time neighbors across the street (from WV) are dealing with newly discovered cancer in the disabled wife (throat). They also are handling it well, with God's help.  as Dag found out the first time he got (and beat) cancer, attitude is so important in dealing with cancer. That, and prayers. I pray for gods strength and peace for all of these dear people and any other victims of the insideous disease.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
more prayers from... marco#78...hang in there Bernie..
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
Insidious indeed, Bernie...and I have to wonder if we've fouled our own nest so on planet earth that causes much of it...  :(

Keep strong for those around you, Bernie... and we'll pray for them all- and  you!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »
Keeping you all in the prayers Bernie, Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2006, 07:50:00 AM »
Thanks, guys.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jason in Bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »
Prayers being sent up for you and your family. Jason
Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others.
The journey is the destination.

Offline el cazador

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »
More prayers on the way.  It sounds like Dag is handling it well, or as well as a mere mortal can be expected too.  Keep the faith.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »
He is, El caz, though my Sister says he is on the downhill side of the roller coaster agin now, physically, after early week visit. Help keep his spirits high, Lord, please.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »
Prayers continue.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
Bernie,

Are we reading you right that you're saying his health has started a downhill slide after that bit of upturn through Thanksgiving?  

One of the many "mixed blessings" in that he got time to spend w/ family but that now the disease sounds like its doing its gnarly business again.

Seems to be a lot of those going around. You and I know what the power of prayer did for our brother, Bill. We can still hold out prayer for perfect healing for Dag.

I hear you consistently ask for his time be without undue suffering. I echo that prayer for/with you as well, li'l Brother.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »
Thank you, Doc. Yep, it is a Roller Coaster of ups and downs, for Dag (but not his spirit) as it is for so many who have it.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Prayers continue for Dear Dag. And all who love him near and far. Blessings to you all for peace and comfort during this tough time.  Most of all, prayers for peace and strength for Dag.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Dag finally went home this AM between 2 and 3. He had been in a coma and on Morphine for two days.
Thank all of you so much for your prayers, concernes, and thoughts - they ment a great deal to us all. Since before Christmas, Dag would have a day when the Doctors would say he'd never make another day, and then a couple days later he would be up on the side of his bed, drinking coffee, eating breakfast, and talking, with his sense of humor and attitude intact - bless his heart. Then back down the next day, etc. At least his children and wife were all around him and spending much time with him and each other - a whole lot of bonding went on I'm told - and he would love that, I know. Finally they all had to tell him (individually) that it was, "OK to let go," during this last time down. Then they asked my Sister to call him last night, and they put the phone close to his ear so she could tell him too. That was hard for her, I know, but she handled it well. We all know that he is at peace now and with the others we love who have gone home before us. Have a great trip, Dag, and God Bless you.

Thank you all once more, and bless you all, bless us all.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
I guess we knew it was coming, Bernie, but I still shed a tear reading your well-worded final testement to one you obviously held in high regard and loved so much.  Might that we all have his strength, faith and dignity unto our own end.

Dag is now made perfect, standing before his Lord and saviour, knowing all and in perfect form.  

Prayers continue for all who remain behind to mourn his loss. May the Holy spirit envelope each of you in that warm cloak of peace that passes all understanding through your time of grief. May that time be brief and your mind filled with the memories of one who was so loved for his amazing attitude toward life...and toward his own death.

Peace, Brother, Bernie... and brother Dag.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Bless you, Dave.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
Prayers for you and yours.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©