INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for my wife  (Read 1361 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for my wife
« on: October 13, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
My wife has MS and fights it and if that weren't enough she also has sleep apnia(sp)but is in denial about it. I often have to wake her up and have her roll on her side because she shakes the bed fighting for air. She goes for up to a minute without being able to breath and I know that contributes to her fatigue. So I'd like prayers for God to heal her or for her to be able to deal with this and see about getting something done about it. Whatever God has in His plan is the best.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for my wife
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »
Galen,

You've got a lot on your plate, Son, what with your daughter and this with your wife. Went through that myself, the sleep apnia.  Because the body  fights to wake us up, cause of airway restriction, we never get good REM sleep and never recuperative sleep.  Tends to wear down the body and organs... MS is also a "degenerative" disease, not infectious one, so who knows what leads these things to occurr.

Testing and the modern approaches through appliances really help. I used one for 2 years and for whatever reason, dont' seem to need it now. I'd encourage your wife to confront this...by comparison, Sleep Apnia is a cake walk compared to fighting MS...and might help her body fight the effects by allowing her more sleep and recuperation.

Blessings on you both and prayers that your wife accepts this new challenge and walks in Faith to challenge it.

Lord, in your mercy...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
Prayers sent for the both of you.

God Bless

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »
Thanks all! It makes me get close to Jesus or I wouldn't be able to handle it. But most of the people in the world have it worse so I'm thankful inspite of and to spite the evil.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
Father we ask for your grace and favor for this family.  We ask that you make them whole and that your name is glorified through thier wittness!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
Benbow, My heart goes out to you because my wife has a form of MS (transverse mylytis) and it has been a trial for several years now. But it has also brought us both closer together and to the Lord and reminds us how every breath that we take is due to God's grace. But it is such a helpless feeling when you weatch someone that you love suffer like that. But God is there. You might check out Zale Lipshy(sp?) hospital in Dallas. They have an excellant staff (some of the best in the world) that specializes in MS.
possumtrot

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanks possumtrot. Your sure right about helplessly watching some one you love suffer with MS. Will be praying for you and your wife.

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
Prayers sent.Be strong for both of you.
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »
This one hits home today as a young couple I know and love have just found out that she has MS. I'm praying for both this couple and you and your wife today my friend.
Graham

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©