INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Could use a couple...UPDATED  (Read 5784 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Could use a couple...UPDATED
« on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
Folks,

Just when I get down to some serious "close" on a job or two..things keep taking left turns.

NOw over weekend, sewer backed up in apt and got all in carpets/pads..place smells like ..well, sewer!

Landlords bring out their insurance adjuster... now they want me to "vacate immediately so they can gut the place..."

Uh..no! Turns out they do have to remove carpet...and bacteria are in concrete under it..and applly some nasty disenfectant and I can't be here...but the rest is just them selfishly wanting to use this to renovate the unit they've own 10 years and never repaired or fixed anything in my time here... and then charge me $100/mo month...and cost me untold capital to find somewhere to live for an "undisclosed" period of time!

What da?

I need a lot of prayers... can't get to lawyers, housing authorieties, etc. to find out anything about my legal rights..Can't reach the new job I'd interviewed with and I'm about to implode!!!

I could really use some prayer warriors to help resolve this job situation and this immediate new crisis with housing...   :(
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Could use a couple...UPDATED
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
Prayer arrows sent.     :archer:
By the way all that praying you've been doing has put you on the devil's s#*t list. So on the good side your making a difference.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
Thanks, Benson...

I have had tougher times, but I don't know when. I think I try to do the right things, but then stuff like this just takes it right over the edge... :(

No job has really torn down the self confidence, but the Lord has kept me centered more'n not when I allow it.

I'm close on this one job...but be a week... I've befriended these landlords for 10 years, helping with outside projects every time they had a chore.

Now to have them take this incident...and instead of just taking 3 days to change out the soiled carpeting...and help me pack up my cupboards qnd move them...they chose to tell me to "get out" in a couple days...for an undisclosed period of time..intonating MONTH or TWO..dunno.  That is just rediculous...but I can't find any...ANY agency or govt. office that will comment if that is even legal...

Have to hire an attorney and spend $$$ I don't have to keep from being raped.  :(  

Just kinda still overwhelmed and not being very open to God's nudgings, huh?   :(   I'm working on it...thanks for the start of the prayer firestorm I know will come!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »
Prayers sent for you Dave. God bless, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
As we have discussed (via e-mail) you have my prayers (and my heart) with you, Brother Dave.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Hang in there.Prayer sent.
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »
Prayers sent Bro.

God Bless

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »
Dave I second BenBow's theory, I believe your heading towards a breakthrough! At least that is how I am going to pray, I am praying for a major breakthrough financialy and spiritualy! God Bless you Bro!  I know you know this verse but I am going to hang it out there anyway.  SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL IN LINE!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 11:07:00 PM »
Thanks, guys... it brings a tear to my eye to see folks i've never met (cept for Bernie the mini-grunt)   :)   to be so supportive... It touches me deeply and means a lot.

Today, I ended up in an attorney's office. He
say their plan to drag this out to remodel is "self benefiting from my misfortune and in PA, it's illegal. They CAN'T make me move except to claim int's unfit to live in... and they can't prove it's unfit...and would have to file in court if I refuse to move, which I will/have through letter from lawyer.

I hope and pray this ends it temporarly. I've rented two large store rooms.. One for boxes and sporting goods and one for furniture..

My plan is to get as much packed up and out of here as possible and in storage so I'm down quickly (week?) to just essentials in here.

If...and, Jeff, I sure hope you and Benson are Correct... I say IF I get this last job I want and find out in a week... I can avoid the temporary relocation..and start searching for a permanent place and then have everything ready to move in shorter order...

They can then have their place and gut it out like they wanted...but they'll have to release me from the rest of the 60 day if I'm ready to go..

Even their insurance agent left word on my phone that they want in Monday and I should call to arrange how I'm going to get out... Oye...sure hope fedEx gets that letter there tomrrow... :0

Hopefully, the Fed Ex letter arrives tomorrow AM and ends this...

Amazing what folks who profess Christianity will do when it comes to money and greed..   :(  

This is gonna leave a mark...but I have some hope for the one job and a chance to get out of this place finally...

Lord..in your Mercy!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Praying for ya Doc.
Romans:8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,who have been called according to His purpose.  
In Christ, Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Jason in Bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »
Prayers sent up for you Doc. Jason
Your sole purpose in life may be to serve as a warning to others.
The journey is the destination.

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »
Prayers sent from my humble obode. If it weren't so far you could sty with us until things get resolved.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
Folks...it's been a long but fruitful day.  A dear friend came and she worked along side me all day... We packed up several dozen boxes of stuff.  I loaded the F150 to the hilt.

:)  Then it wouldn't start...started rough and I shut it down... something amiss and then nothing.

I found a bottle of 'dry gas' under the cabinet this AM and dumped it in...got "strange" gas on a trip Wed... dunno. Then my buddy, a ford mechn. tells me to push pedal down and hold it and turn over...worked...Whew! I was near in tears!

Lots to go..but with luck, the landlords got the FedX letter today reminding them of the legality of the lease and that I'm not leaving till i get a 60 day notice... or give one.  

Funny guys..it's like every thought is a forked road in the woods..one leads down a positive feeling of hope and the other panic, fear and being overwhelmed...and it takes such energy throughout the day when things are at such high stakes...to not think of all the things that yet might continue wrong...or that this one last ray of hope for a job might not come through... and panic floods.

As Benson said...devil sure loves to work us over when we're our most vulnerable...but then...it wouldn't take faith if it were easy.  :)

"Lord, thank you for all these wonderful people here and throughout our lives who reach out at the right moment..as your Angels, and bouy us up when we least can stand on our own. Help us to always know and feel your presence...you're there but we sink like Peter did in the waters when we think instead of acting only in faith. Thank you for your perfect plan. Help me and all here in need to lift up praise sacrifices even amidst the darkness."

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »
Hey Doc,

Glad to hear somethings are looking up for you.  I pray everything works well for you.

I must say you seemed to have kept a good attitude through all this.  Better than I would have.

Stay safe
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »
Got your back Doc, still praying.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Doc, if anyone deserves a helping hand, it's you my friend. I'm sending prayers of strength for you, I know what it's like to try and move house. I'm also sending prayers so that you will finally get that job you've been waiting on. Life can be hard when you can't focus on the future, but I know you'll get through it all simply because you've earned the right to.
Graham

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »
There is ALWAYS a LIGHT at the End of the Tunnel Doc, Hang In There.........HE WILL PROVIDE!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
Thanks! It's been one heck of an emotional day. Buddy I had many years back was back in general area but hated his job and is leaving end of month for FL. He drove 90 min to help move boxes to storage. Another dear local buddy did likewise.

Church about made me bawl. Lord was talkin to me in so many, many ways..convicting, but I just lost it feeling so vulnerable and scared.

I believe God has a plan, but like I posted earlier, each moment is like 2 trails in the woods and one is fear, dispair, panic and anxiety. The other has guarded optimism... believing God has a plan for me...

The the devil starts..ramping up my fearing that "what if"...so that I find it takes much energy and tremendous prayer to keep making the choice to go the lighted path and not succumb to the panic and fear..And each time I turn around..it's all there and I have to chose again!

Anyone else find that..? or am I just weak in my faith?

If this job comes through...my life will be a turn around. AFter 24 months of offers, then financial setbacks recinding them, close calls..almosts and what not..it's hard to believe it might really happen.  

Regardless my survival...figuratively and literally is totally in His hands..I'm powerless anymore and fully acknowledge that willfully. I am nothing without God. Left to my own devices, I just screw it up.

Lord in your mercy...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »
Guess I'm not the only one with those kinds of feelings. Still praying

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
Saga Continues:  :)

I moved all Sunday after church and got all boxed stuff out to storage.

Fed Ex never delivered on Sat...  :(   Landlords show up Sunday at 7pm..wanting to know if I'm going to be out today.  

I present copy of lawyer's letter and landlady goes off...says he's stupid and they an evict me immediately on "uninhabitable" clause. I counter with "not without going to court and proving it's unihabitable." DEpt of Health I talked to said they can't say it is...dunno.

She storms out.  Fred remains and we parlay. I make suggestions based on working together to resolve carpet issue, based on what they did next door ona  smaller scale for grey water problem. (removed padding and shampooed carpet only in affected area).

She comes back in and says attorney on phone (Sunday night?) says to not talk to me and I'll be out this AM. He and I continue to talk.

Seems we MIGHT... MIGHT   :eek:  have agreed to him coming in Sat, now that my furniture in living/dining room is empty of stuff, move it to one end and rent a commercial shampooer and clean carpet best we can Saturday together...then when dry, move stuff back.

THey know I've rented storage and moved a good bit of stuff..LOTS to go..much work to do over next weeks between job search. (y'know us outdoors types are freakin packrats!?)  :)  

I offered if they want to remodel, to give me 60 day notice as in lease and if I get this job and/or can be out before that, I'd approach them to negotiate how we can resolve any rent owed back to me and a release from any petty "use" or "cleaning" issues since they want to "gut" the place and I could let them in earlier than 60 days.

Turns out they're thinking of selling...to get out from under this place...have some interested buyers...and it all comes clear.  They wanted to use this carpet deal to get me out so they can remodel and list to sell with all units spiffy.

Thanks, Benson for not letting me sit here thinking I'm the only one who has strong faith in God, but still anguishes when in the midst of things like this that seem to threaten from every corner. I'm ashamed to admit but I do struggle mightily through this..contantly having to stop, rethink, stop going down wrong mental path and use a lot of energy to keep on believing what can't be seen.

I've read that a "praise sacrifice" isn't a sacrifice if it doesn't cost me something" so here goes:

"Lord, your love is unquestioned. I know you want what's best for me always. I know  you have a plan for my next job, my future and to restore my life so that I may know joy and have learned from these past 2 years of unemployment, working part time, doing odd jobs, consulting, etc. Each time you came through just as I was about to fold and provide me just enough sustenance.

Lord, I praise you for all the good things that have happened. The way you've used the mistakes I make daily, in choices and behaviors with others, to help me grow. I love how you constantly confront me to grow and become more like you. Thank you for those times to teach me I am not in control and my best efforts mean nothing if they're not done in surrender to you.

Dear Jesus, I stand before you surrendered. I'm beaten down and tired. I know there is nothing my intellect, my sweat or my determination can do at this point to resolve these issues.

It's totally by you that I can survive. I look up to you with uplifted hands and beseach you to raise me from this place, to provide this job you know is on my heart and use it to restore my life.  You know my heart wishes to give all the credit,ALL THE GLORY  to you for all that YOU will provide me to be good and right.

Thank you, Jesus, for each of those who post here daily and those who silently pray for all of us in troubled times. Thank for for the many, many miracles that we've seen happen by your hand to those who come here and their loved ones, only through your majesty and Grace.

Thank you for putting up with me, this fallable, rusty ole vessle that can't get it right without you and the daily presence of your Counselor, the Holy SPirit.

Be with me and all here. Grant us our prayers that we might honor you and be restored to do your will and work.

Amen"

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©