INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Could use a couple...UPDATED  (Read 5789 times)

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Could use a couple...UPDATED
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »
Bless you brother, bless you in the valley that your mountain tops may even be bigger!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
Amen to both you and AnointedArcher, Doc.
Prayers for peace in the midst of it all and that the Holy Spirit will fill you with a Joy that is above all that the mind can imagine and circumstances indicate so that you know that He is in control and working for your best. May you be comforted with a supernatural comfort. May you be aware of your pricelessness based on who you are not on what you own, do, or feel.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »
Still lifting you up Doc. Don't let the enemy get you thinking your all alone in this.
  Know that when there is a shadow there is also a light. There are more praying for you than you know.    Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »
thanks, Keenan,

I DO get that sense of prayer warriors got my back.

Everything will work for God's purpose...but there are times these past 2+ years where I thought all was right only to have Him keep it at bay. This times the odds for basic survival have gone up considerably.

I'm busy packing and sorting and throwing out stuff...in 11 years one tends to "accumulate".

Still waiting to hear if the landlords are going to be civil and just come with a commercial carpet cleaner and work together to do on Sat. Promised to let me know last night...but I suspect they're seeking vengeful paths through legal recourse..which is only going to leave a mark on us both big time.

Prayers for a peaceful resolution to this apt. delemma and that the ATAS job comes through, if that be God's will...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
Doc, hang in there, Prayers from down Louisiana way, mark#78  :pray:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »
Keep us posted when you can Doc.... There has been many times in life when I could't understand why or what was taking place and found myself asking God what good could possibly come out of the circumstance..sometimes it took months and a few times years to unfold and for me to see what a covering He was for me...praying hard Bro....Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. It really helps to come here and see the support. I do it often.

Nothing new on the home front. No word from landlords on my proposal to give me 60 days and I'd help them clean the carpet in the affected areas to reduce any uglies...

He'd promised to call Monday to confirm Sat. I'm just not willing to step in it with calling and getting his off the hook wife!  :(  

Keenan, I already can see some "good" in that I know this place is a "sick house" with all the pre-existing mold and mildew...nice looking but it is unhealthy...

It sure has lit a fire in my britches to get on the stick and sort, chuck, pack and store-something needing done for a while. Just too darned down from economic situations of long unemployment, odd jobs and small projects to get into it. Lord got me moving now!

STruggle daily with just trusting and believing this isn't going to get a lot worse before it gets better.  Coming here to find all your words of encouragement is a god-send! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
Still praying for you brother...check your email...
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »
thanks, JC... I got it. Bless you man. WE'll see...  :)  :)  Y'know me...

Update: Got an email from the company on the job I want...they said that it's "taking longer to make the decision than expected and it will now be sometime "next week" before they choose."  I don't know if that is a good thing or bad...guess it gonna have to be a GOD thing!  :)  

More time for more prayers I guess!  :)

Thanks for all the caring support friends.  It means a whole, whole lot to me and to the others here when we rally around them, I'm sure! Very comforting indeed...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline el cazador

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:00 AM »
Just caught up with your ordeal here, Doc. More prayers headed your way from Texas! As you know, He has a plan.  Keep the Faith and God Bless.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »
Praise God for small rays of sunshine.

Yesterday was beautiful..near 60 in mid Dec up "Noth" (to some of you anyway)   :)  

I aired out house, cleaned and worked in garage and loaded the F150 to the gills last evening.

Today, not so pretty. Thank you Lord.

And today, on the heels of the delay of the decision for the job I want..something else that kinda went bust on me called today to ask if I could do 2 days of training up state Mon. and Tues.  

Not much, but something to help ease the debt load a mite. Thank you Lord.

Amidst all this trial and anguish what will happen, there are always rays of sunshine if we but open ourselves to His Mercy and Grace.

Thanks to one and all. Each day I come and read your words and feel spiritually renewed each time.

Thank you, Terry for making this all possible, Bro. It warms body, soul and spirit here on tradgang.com.   :notworthy:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
Thats the way to go Doc. Keep your eyes on the light and you don't see the shadows near as much. Lifting ya up daily Bro ,,,,Keenan

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
Almighty Father , prayers for help Doc...Mark#78..may God Bless you buddy, hang in there, stay with faith...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys. As I say, it means so much to come and see your words and well wishes. Bless one and all!

Landlord called late to say that he and his wife would be here in AM to do carpet shampooing with me. This should be a treat. she stormed out last sunday night saying I was disgusting after I pointed out the attorney said their goal and plan was illegal.  It was a scene. I hate scenes.

Lord, grant me grace to smile and be pleasant in the face of whatever besets me and that we speedily get this done and they get gone.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »
Best of luck (and controll) to you, my friend.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Well, that's over! I had all the furniture moved into other rooms and I was ready to go.  Like in the past 8 years, Fred and I worked well together. he had a young fella come help with some of the more difficult stuff cause Fred's back hurt...I ran the carpet cleaner.

2 hrs. later and this whole mess is over! Then "Mrs." comes in... tells me there is a letter coming.

I'd volunteered to take back the carpet cleaner as it was from a Ace rental in a town North 15 miles wehre my Dad lives... I asked Fred about the letter..it's a 60 day notice, which is what I'd expect given they wanted so badly to remodel.

All that remains is to see they didn't try to backdate it...  :)  They're tricky. If it's legal, I have to March 1 then to get out...

Lord willing, that will work. If no job, then I don't know what to do, but I'll cross the bridge when the time comes.

Thanks for the many prayers. Bernie, I did it with a smile and gritted my teeth and kept saying WWJD all the way! :)Even volunteered to return their gizmo.

Not to be greedy, but if y'all got a few more prayers in the can, I'd ask for the job to come through... Be neat to be restored fully in and through Christ to a productive and fullfilled life again...all to His glory!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
Bless your heart, Dave - you did well. I certainly pray that the Lord sees fit to favor you with a return to the productive and fulfilled life you long for and deserve.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »
Great move Dave! You stuffed it right back down the devil's throat cause he's the one behind it all. Also by not returning evil for evil you heaped coals of fire on their heads Meaning they will feel guilty about the way you've been treated and it will give God the opportunity to work repentance into their hearts. Then you have a win win opportunity, beating evil and drawing them closer to Him.
Prayers continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
Thanks, Bernie.

Nicely put, Benson.  That is all God's biz what they feel and do.  I still have to see the "notice" when it arrives to see it is really 60 days..to March 1, then I can believe they're not still trying to be sneaky.  I know that the law reads 60...and it should be on the anniversary, ergo, 1st of month...

I know I handled it the way I wanted. That is all I can do.

Now to pray up a job so I can move and restore life to joy and fullfillment to His Glory.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 07:59:00 AM »
Still praying for you Bro! Onward you Christian Soldier!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©