INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Could use a couple...UPDATED  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Could use a couple...UPDATED
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks, Jeff.

Sometimes what is in my heart at these moments doesn't make me feel much like a Christian Soldier. God has to shake his head at the war I sometimes fight inside between my dark side and WWJD. Usually, the light wins, but it is sobering to know the dark side is so close under the surface at times.

I came home from 2 days of doing some training "on call" for a company. Chump change, but every bit helps. Won't see it till mid-Jan, but likely I'll need $$ then, too and I'm grateful!

I got to see the beautiful mountains of Northern PA on someone else's dime for gas and it was a wonderful drive through the beloved mountains I'd missed the past 2 years watching pennies.   :)  

I got home to a gnarly letter from the landlords' attorney. Full of half truths and outright lies. I don't know if the law requires me to counter to corret or by tacit acceptence it says I'm in agreement with their stated past behaviors, which just aren't true, or to leave sleeping dogs lie.  

I will see if the attorney I had to use calls me (that is doubtful) (first time met him) who was the direct recipient of the letter in my behalf (cause mine sent them a letter tellin em to back off) or if I have to call my guy and pay to see if he will tell me to "let it be" or "correct the statements in a registered letter". The law is so bizarre!  :(

Bottom line is relatively good news: I got a 60 day notice to be OUT by March 1 or sooner.  I know these folks will come through here and gut to outside walls, but they're going to hold me to every nail hole, mark etc, and try to keep my deposit of 10 years!   :(   OH, well...

Not to mention it dawned on me this all means I'll not get a good "reference" from them to a  next landlord after 10 years!!! Ouch!   :(    Just more work of the devil.

But...I'm double blessed by so many good friends, here and through other venues. God has been good to me and I'm a rich man in so many ways, just not in sheckles.   :)  

Praises to our Lord who loves us and is always there quietly, even when we doubt Him or are angry at circumstances. Praises to each of and for each of YOU for how you hold one another, and me, up in prayer!

Thank you and blessings on each of you and your families for love, peace and joy this holiday season that comes through Christ Jesus.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
Im just joinin this fight,but you can count on this warrior to have your back.I dont doubt your faith at all bro,so neither should you.I bet the big guy in the sky,doesnt either.All a person has to do is surf this site,to see what kind of faith you have.Were here for ya.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 07:28:00 AM »
Doc,I count it as an honor to be able to lift you upon the throne of grace and mercy this your, "hour" of need.When In doubt Praise your way out,although that so much easier said than done.I think of trials like this as a test that really doesn't change the outcome if we pass or fail,but which book did I get my study information from!!!!! and I can tell from your prayers you and I are In the RIGHT Book.If He brings You to it ......He'll bring You Thru it. Keep looking up God Bless!!!!!
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »
You all are something. I had thought this would slide off the page, but not with you guys!

THANK YOU!  If it were easy, we'd not need FAITH, huh?

Indeed, these past weeks have been a time of "praise sacrifice" where it took some sacrifice to give thanks, but indeed, the many responses from folks here and elsewhere, in so many ways, has lifted me up. Angels have abounded in this time of special trial.

I'm still scared, but after rough go early on, last weekend I was again able to come to the Lord and say, "this is what I want, but THY WILL Lord."

I still hold up the ATAS job as a request to the Lord, but am ready to do His bidding once again. If he witholds this, getting another apartment without a job is going to be a challenge, but with all the prayers behind me, He will provide!

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »
Dave,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I pray that an end comes to your troubles soon, amigo.  I wish you the best of times in 2007.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Snakeeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
Prayers sent again Doc, and TTT!!!
Larry Schwartz, Annapolis, Maryland

Do yourself a favor and join your state bowhunting organization!

Professional Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Maryland Bowhunters Society
National Rifle Association

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
Hey Doc, The Lords been putting you on my heart daily....I know that means to keep on praying and stand strong Bro, Let us know how things are as soon as you can. I imagine it's kind of hecktic with the move comming up.  Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
more prayers for Doc...Mark#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Doc if it is any comfort,remember,everything but eternity is only temporary!God is still in control and Jesus is ever interceding!Still praying for you and your situation. God bless,bi-polar.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
Thanks, Guys.  There are so many more urgent things here, I hate to keep pullin it to the top but your continued prayers and kind words require reply.

Got notice, but my attorney says its not legal the way it was delivered. I'm out by March 1. Scary to begin searching and contracting on a place without a job or knowing about ATAS.

But this week, it has to begin in earnest. Quandry will be if I don't hear on ATAS or it doesn't come through, do I take some hovel and hunker down to keep expenses down, or get something I want and can live with and just keep on praying and borrowing to make ends meet while I do everything that I can that comes along to generate revenue?

Better quandry than the one that started this all!  :)

Lord has shown His hand in so many small ways... test of Faith I presume.  No word yet on ATAS... still praying but have made the turn a week or so back to "but your Will, Lord!" which was hard for a while.

Holidays were subdued, but made all the more special by wonderful reaching out privately from some members here and publicly by each of your posts!

Now to stay focused on job search, and apartment search...  :)  

Thanks to all for the continued prayers. I got a feeling they will be handy to have around till this all shakes out!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
Decided I had to let you folks know where things stood. Just walked out to mailbox in our now cold weather (finally)  :)  to get today's mail.

Well, this job with ATAS that I'd ask for your prayers on, the one I finally got strength enough to give back to God and say, "Thy will, Lord..." --well apparently it wasn't His will. I didn't get the job.  

There was a good friend on the inside really pulling for me, so I guess they must've really found someone much more qualified. I hope it works out for them.

Now I have to make the move as the Landlords excercised their 60 day notice to vacate so they can "remodel" and I have to find a place and a job!

Lord has surely seen fit to have angels like each of you and many others showing God's love in so many ways of late. Just not this job. My sincere gratitude and reverent appreciation for all the prayers.

Blessing to each of you and all those others in need...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
Gracious and mighty God we ask thee to wrap those loving arms around Doc, allow him to feel your presence so close to him that he can reach out and touch you.We ask you Lord to undergird him and give him strength to make his move and job securing as quick and painless as possible, all the while being certain we give thee the praise, honor, and Glory that You so divinly deserve. Along with these request we make known, we want to be sure that all we do is to further your Kingdom, and hinder not your will, in the matchless name of Jesus,I pray Amen!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
More prayers sent Doc.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Where going to rename you Peter (the Rock), God bless you Brother Pslams 91 is order for you today!  ;)
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
Thanks, AA. I'll go read 91 before anything else today. I don't know about having Peter's faith... but maybe in the early days...

I feel like I try to walk out over the waters to my Lord in Faith, but then start giving in to my human nature and sink quickly.

Only through God will I ever be stronger than I am today.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Doc,

I'm standing with you and the other Tradganger's here for your situation to resolve and for you to be blessed.  I don't know when it will happen for you, but don't forget God's promise that everything that the enemy takes from us must be returned to us seven fold.  Good things are coming...just have faith.
As a practical matter, have you thought about sending your resume out to some PA Tradgangers?  They might be able to do some networking for you and give you some advice.  It couldn't hurt...

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Amen on returning everything 7 fold! Remember that Job had much more after his trial then before.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
Thanks, Claudia.

"Sins of our youth..."   :)   I tended to love to learn and do different things..always had the same "core skils" as it's now called, but applied in a variety of settings... so I don't have that railroad track history so desired.

I keep applying in non-profit, higher education, administration, sales, marketing, program management, project management...  :)    All things I've done reasonably well!

Part of the delimma is trying to stay regionally local to keep an eye on a declining father in his mid 80's who keeps getting into all sorts of messes with scams and such. Bless his heart.. he's paying me back for my misspent youth and challenges to his parenting I suppose!  :)

Good news: I have an interview this Wednesday with an architectural firm in our capital city for a new biz development slot.

Lord in  your mercy.  

Both of you, Thanks for the reminder of the 7 fold.

I just want to use what skills the Lord "loaned" me before I have to give them back and He ask me what I did with them?

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
In our thoughts and prayers,on His Heart and hands. remember,2 things  1) if He brings you to it,He'll bring you thru it,amen!! 2) no man is a failure  who has friends,amen, and I count you 1 of mine.PROVERBS 3;5-6  Glory to His mighty name! keep looking up!Brad

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
Here are a few more promises to keep in mind:

1)  NO weapon formed against you shall prosper.
2)  All things work for good for those who love the Lord.
3)  The Lord knows of your needs...and will supply them.  He feeds the birds of the field, so how much more will he supply you, His child...

Doc, my life is a testament to God's blessings and since God is no respecter of persons, He'll do for you everything He's done for me.  Just be open to His prompting, whatever that may be and wherever that may lead, and I can assure you that He will take care of the rest.

Blessings,
Claudia
Pinecone

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©