INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: HH Update  (Read 1087 times)

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
HH Update
« on: December 30, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
Howdy all,
I posted on here a while back about entire family trying to get healthy (weight loss) and just thought a update would be good.
I went back to the Doc's office yesterday and had great news. I had lost 10 pounds in one month, plus gained quite a bit of muscle mass so actual fat loss is greater then 10 pounds.     :jumper:  lol

I have cut out sweets, cut way back on total intake, and I've been walking 4 or 5 times a week for an hour at 3 miles an hour in the mornings. I've got a lot more weight to lose and look forward to doing it! Plus, my traps are getting big from all the archery of late!!

I know that I have been given strength and stamina and peace from our Father, I want to thank you guys for praying for me and my family, I really appreciate it.

Have a great day guys and gals, HH

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH Update
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
I wish I had the will power you do.I say, I am proud of you. I weigh 326,can't work scinse 4-06 due to a arthritic back problem, on long-term disability,have bi-polar(gained about 35lbs scince 4-06)this is all very hard on an active guy, in 2000 I was about ready to test for my brown belt in karate! so I say God bless you and pray for me,please.      Thank you, keep up the good work
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »
Prayers sent for all of us as too much weight appears to be a national delema. Bipolar I feel for you since my daughter suffers from the same and I've had a minor case all my life though it tends toward more depression then the high.
Keep your head up and you'll move up.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Bipolar, I will pray for you, you betcha! HH

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
HH I really appreciate the time you took for me,in prayer,thought,emails.The (of all people) person you spoke about is from what i can see a pretty up-front,legitemate,person with a heart for God.I really can't thank you enough,I am going to get my hands on that reading material.May God continue to bless you,Iknow thru you He has blessed me!!!
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline HumbleHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
I sure appreciate it Bipolar, and you're more then welcome Bud. HH

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
HH,

Thanks for the update! It's always good to see that prayers work...it doesn't always mean our prayers work miracles, but li'l miracles happen through God working in us. And prayer helps!

As noted above, it's not small feat to achieve what you have done... I've read not long ago that there is more $$ spent in the US alone on weight loss stuff, than ALL...that is ALL, federal, state and local LAW ENFORCEMENT put together!!!

That is in the BILLIONS of dollars... on weight loss! ANNUALLY! Gads!

You've started the task of making your body more a temple by bringing it back to the health God intended! Good on you and keep it up!

Prayers continue!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
God is good all the time! Keep the faith!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©