INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Don't waste God's calling for you.  (Read 1420 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Don't waste God's calling for you.
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
I have spent the past 4 days in a hospital nursing and caring for my father. He was one of those WWII Airforce guys that never asked for anything nor expected it. He always went out and did it himself. This being, he never asked for forgiveness from Our Lord and Savior. I was blessed to be able to share the gospel with him in the last 2 days of his life on earth. He confessed his sinfulness and accepted Christ Jesus as his Lord and Savior. One evening he looked start ahead as talking to someone, "Lord, this is my house, it is a castle, it is full of people I love."  He is in the comforting loving arms of the Lord tonight.
   If I hadn't stepped out of my comfort zone and followed the will of God for my father all these blesses would not have happened. Don't hesitate.  Thanks to all of you guys for loving the Lord and sharing His love with others.  David
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Don't waste God's calling for you.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »
Praise God
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
PRAISE THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD HE RIPPED ANOTHER ONE FROM THE BOWELS OF HELL, AND THE ANGELS ARE REJOICING
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
He is the only righteous and loving and merciful God! This has been a conformation to trust in Him in all things.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
God bless you and your father Snag! I know what you mean about those tough WWII veterans. My grandfather was on Okinawa during that time. Those guys are a different breed!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
Hallelujah! May he be at the right side of the Lord forever and ever. May the Lord bless your family, and may the Lord comfort your Father in his new home.
 I expect you will meet him yet again, and hunt together.

Jeff

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 07:56:00 AM »
God Bless

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
snag I'm setting here with tears of joy for you and tears of remorse for me.  My father was a hard drinking man.  Was the only problem he seemed to have .  When drank he was mean.  He stroke out a age 59 and died at 62.  My wife and I visited him on his last night on this earth.  He was totally unresponsive.  After we left I told my wife he would not make it through the night.  I had never talked to my father about Jesus.  Mom called an hour later and said Dad was gone.  I have relived those last few years and asked for forgiveness for my sin of omission and know God has granted it.  Even so it is hard to forgiive myself.  God has blessed you.
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I pray that those who have not stepped out in faith will do so soon. It's not our comfort zone that we should live in...it is in the Lord's. All things are possible in Him! Be encouraged! Make the first contact or statement or hug.

Thank you for sharing that Ted. I am sure that was not easy. Hopefully God will use that to move others to action. God Bless you, man!

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
God bless you my friend! Your Father will be eternaly gratefully for your obiedence!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Amen Brother, good for you !
Praise the LORD !
                                GOD BLESS
                                ARCHER2
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Sorry I missed this during my move and changing ISPs.

What a wonderful testement for us all.  I have friends that I try to witness to by behavior and how God always helps me cope with tougher times.

I must renew my efforts having read your story. Thank you.

My condolences for the loss of your father, but joy that he has gained the Kingdom in return!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline brad walston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
Praise God!!!!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
Twenty some days later, I re-read this and the chills and tears are still there!

Always a good reminder that "never put off till tomorrow what might only be able done today!"
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Trinity Outfitters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Praise God and blessings to you, my brother.

Todd
"I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."  John 10:10

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Snag, thanks for sharing and how thankful I am that I have a father that has been a believer all of my life. I know that it seems to be a common thing of our parents generation to have difficulty expressing their love and compassion (and receiving it). What a testimony of God's tender mercy and to think that one of the reasons that you were born was to share the the hope that we have in Jesus Christ to your dad!
John
possumtrot

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©