INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Prayers for a young man  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
Prayers for a young man
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »
This past fall I found out about a friend of mine having a son that was in bad health.  Seems the young man, aged 12, had a brain tumor. After the operation he had to endure chemo. The lad's name is Chad Scanlon. His father, Jim.

I posted about him at the Pa Conference of the Bowsite and the posters over there sent him all kinds of well wishes and such. The United Bowhunters of PA saw to it that he could go on a hunt with his entire family. Many Bowsiters donated equipment and such for his hunt! Chad did well by taking his 1st 2 deer- 1 a spike!

Before his hunt this wonderful family came over to a Strictly Sticks shoot and we had Chad and his parents flingin' arrahs for a day. Seemed to do em all well too.

Now I understand Chad may be getting a Hunt Of Lifetime hunt!!

Monday March 5, Chad goes in for another MRI to see if cancer still resides in his brain.

I ask that those who have the opportunity, to ask the Good Lord to cleanse this young man's body of cancer.

It's going to be a long long weekend for this family.

Thanks to ALL!

God Bless!

Dale
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline Rick Berry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Prayers for a young man
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Prayers for the boy and his family and friends for strength during this hard time. Have a cousin went thru the same thing. ~Rick

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Prayers sent for God's Grace to rein supreme.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Praying for complete healing.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
I remember Chad, Dale...and you know how this site has seen some incredible things happen through God's love and the power of Prayer...

"Lord, we come to you, undeserving and failing your simplest request for Trust, Love and Faith from us. Yet, your love knows no bounds..it is as You are... from beginning to end, without limits.

We ask that this young man be wiped clean of this dreaded malise so plauging our world today and reaching into younger and younger souls. We ask that you touch Chad, his family, doctors and that through your Son, provide miraculous healing that all might know and witness to Your Glory, healing and power, Lord.  We ask for Your Will to be done and that you provide strength, mercy and faith for those who await your Will.
amen."
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Prayers for Chad ...Mark#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
Folks- Chad's MRI has revealed new growth of the tumor. The family is now ready to attempt other options for this young man.

Please continue to keep him in your prayers...

Thank You all and God Bless.

Dale

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
Dale,

Ernie K. reached me regarding the DHP and told me about Chad's plight but not about the results.

I'm saddened to hear of the new growth, but God's not done in this yet. Prayers continue for new options, new directions and new chances for Chad and his family to just keep the Son in their eyes with faith that knows no bounds.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
Thanks Doc I agree that God is not finished in this.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
Prayers Sent for this young Chad.

God Bless

Offline redeemed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
I feel like such an unworthy vessel as my fingers dope around these lifeless keys,hoping,praying,searching for just the right words of comfort and compassion.All the while in the vastness of my complex mind being unable to comprehend the usefulness of any such short comings as an illness of this magnatude,in ANY life let alone that of such a young guy who has his whole life ahead of him???
 I am reminded at this point in my ponderings, of what a GREAT BIG GOD we have. That in the vastness of HIS COMPASSION,UNDERSTANDING,GRACE,MERCY and LOVE,HE our CREATOR made us and the world around us so I must come to the conclusion,that, my mind isn't that VAST after all,and SURELY,HIS WAYS ARE NOT MY ways.With being the auther and finisher, the alpha and omega, and the almighty beginning and end, That I should just TRUST HIS ways and as much as I want to just hold that young fellow in my arms,I am reminded of what part a GREAT parent/S plays in the healing process and if in my mind I have enough compassion, to want to hold a child that is not of my blood,I wonder,HOW MUCH MORE COMPASSION JESUS FEELS IN HIS HEART FOR, THIS,HIS CHILD!!!!

May HE who stills the raging seas,be of comfort in thses trying times,may you as a family,be able to trust in His infinate wisdom.These things I pass on, not as one who stands where you, (my child afflicted in this manner),not as one who THINKS they have all the answers,just as one that perhaps, can be a little encouraging in such a difficult time.

Know this!!! I will be praying for you and your situation,not that my "prayers" are any better than yours,just resting the fact that the wonderful book tells me that "where 2 or 3 are gatherd together in my name, there I am also"   and I BELEIVE there are more than 2 or 3 reaching the Throne for this(your) family.May God Bless,Brad
JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW!!!!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!!!!!

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with this child and his family..
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »
Prayers for Chad and his family during these difficult times. Take care, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
Chad left this world friday afternoon to be with his Heavenly Father. THANK YOU ALL for offering your prayers!!

Chad died amongst family and friends at his home. He died peacefully in his sleep.

May God Bless him and his family!

Thank You ALL!!

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
May God bring peace and comfort to all involved.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Yes, may God bring peace and comfort to all.

Offline Wolf Among Dogs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
May peace be with him and his loved ones
~Wolf Among Dogs Traditional Archery~

Keeping the 'tradition' in traditional.

[email protected]

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Wow.

I think I met Chad some years back when he was at a shoot, but there are so many "life-limited" young men. I feel blessed to have met a few and seen their hope and smiles in spite of their challenges.

I sit here realizing I am always so deeply touched by these kids and their situation ...but then when one "goes home" like this it makes me stop and realize that somehow, it all still so very hard to truly grasp the reality in my head about a dying child... until you hear we've lost one of those precious souls..then it becomes all the more vivid and real all over again.

May the Holy Spirit fill each of those left behind with peace, love and understanding that will keep Christ close to them in their time of mourning and grief.  

Thank you, Lord, for our time with Chad and whatever joy he has found through other's pouring out their love and prayers.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©