INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)  (Read 11745 times)

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Prayers from Lubbock,TX
bryce olson

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »
Just thought I would give a little update, for those who are still prayin and payin attention...

Time for the next chapter!!

Garrett finally had his cardiac cath done last week. Everything looked good, no narrowing of any of the arteries, so no balloons had to be inflated!

Thank you, Lord!

The hospital called today and his surgery has been scheduled for April 23rd. We will meet with the surgeon on April 11th, go in for a preop visit on the 22nd, then it's back to the surgery waiting room on the 23rd. Not one of my favorite places to be!!!

please keep Garrett and our family in your thoughts and prayers!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
Continued prayers for healing, grace and peace!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
You know you're in our thoughts and prayers, Chip.  You've got a lot on your plate, but the neat thing is that you've a lot of positives on which to hang hopea nd build your faith. The Lord has surely shown his love to you guys through this li'l miracle baby of yours. Every time I look at those grinning pictures of him, I can only imagine the range of emotions you all feel.

Lean on the Lord with all your weight as He is mighty and true. Whatever lies ahead, His love will bind you up and bring you through.

Lord, you've done so much in li'l Garrett's life already and we don't wish to be selfish, but we beseach You, Lord, to continue to pour out your love and healing power on this li'l guy and bring him through each and ever stage of his healing and surgeries these next years that Garrett might grow up to be a strong young man, full of life and Love for his family...and most of all, for His Lord and Saviour...and be a living testament to your Grace and Power. amen.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
Just found this thread and as a father of three I will pray daily for you and your family.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks everybody for your continued prayers for Garrett!

On another note...
another baby (Peyton) with the same heart defect as Garrett passed away on Monday.  From what I understand, they were never able to get him off the heart and lung machine after the first surgery.  Please pray for Kylee Stalkfleet and her family.

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:00 AM »
Chip, my family and I will keep Garrett in our prayers. And maybe God will see fit to give you  your miracle. But I hope I can offer this comfort. Things work out. I have 4 sons. The youngest, 13, had "issues" from his first year. He can't run a marathon or play football But guess what, shooting the longbow is great exercise for him. We hike and hunt. His best friend has one kidney from his dad. He is also limited. But guess what, shooting a bow and being outdoors are the best thing for him too. So the four of us shoot and hunt together, we set a pace we can follow, and we have the very best time.
God has funny ways of drawing us close together.

Things will work if you trust in that.

sam

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Chip.  Keeping Kylee and her family in prayer, along with you, yours and Garrett.  

God has a plan...our job is to listen and learn.

Keep the faith...don't let the Liar rob you.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Garrett's next surgery was supposed to be next week (April 23rd).  But, he came down with a cold and they canceled it.  Surgeon said any virus (even a very minor one) significantly increases the risks.  

So, when he has a full day without any symptoms, we are supposed to call and they will reschedule the surgery for about two weeks later.

Please pray for him to get healthy so we can get this surgery done.  And please pray for my wife, Suzie, as the stress of trying to keep him healthy is really weighing heavy on her!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
Stilling praying, will not stop.

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
You got it Chip.

Thanks for keepin us updated and helping us remember this li'l tyke along with you, Mom and the kids...it's got to wear on ya'll.  

Keep the Son in your eyes!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
Keep us updated. I am the father of two. You will be in our prayers my friend! Hug the little guy for us.
Mike Davenport

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
I will pray for you and your family!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Prayers Continue
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Continuing prayers too, God Bless this little one, you and your family Chip.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »
Thanks everybody for the continued prayers.  

Garrett's surgery has been rescheduled for May 5th.  Lord willing we will finally be able to get past this one!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
Hang in there... Waiting on God is the true test of Faith!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »
Garrett had his pre-op visit on Friday.  It is a GO!

Surgery is scheduled for 7am Monday morning.  If ya think of it, say a prayer for him when ya wake up Monday morning!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
Prayers sent.
Here are some good verses to pray over Garrett

Hos 4:6.............My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

Gal 3:13............Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us...

1Pet 2:24..........(Jesus) bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness -- by whose stripes you were healed.

Isa 53:5.............He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.

Mt 8:17.............He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses.

Ps 107:20.........He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Prov 3:7............Do not be wise in your own eyes: fear the Lord and depart from evil.

Prov 3:8............It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones.

Ex 15:26............I am the Lord who heals you.

Ps 103:3...........Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases...

Ex 23:25...........serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.

Prov 16:24.........Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

Isa 58:8.............your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

Ps 118:17..........I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.

Ps 147:3...........He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Prov 17:22.........A merry heart does good, like a medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.

3John 2.............Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Mk 16:17...........these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; ...they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.

Jas 5:15............the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Jas 5:16...........Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

Mt 8:13............Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
Praying for all involved.... John
possumtrot

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©