INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)  (Read 11746 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
Praise and prayer continue
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Hey Chip,
Praise's to the Lord, that your lil' huntin' buddy is doing great!

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Bobby
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »
It's obviously been a long hard road for you, your wife and family.  

Praises to Him that things have progressed as well as they have. I'm sure you've grown in your Walk through this trial, both in faith and wonder at His Glory.  

Keep strong as Garett gains strength. It sounds as though many challenges still lie ahead for you folks.

May His love, peace and grace swallow you all up in Loving Holy Arms and give you all the peace and patience and strength you require.

Keep the Son in your eyes! Prayers for continued blessings on Garett and his team...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
Prayers are going up for your son's continued healing and for his Mom and Dad as well. I sure can understand what you all have been going thru and I will continue to pray! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
Prayers continue Chip. Hug that little man for me.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
You KNOW my prayers are on the way!  Give you wife a big hug and tell her that she has friends here.  We will all pray
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline jimbob91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
May the Lords healing hands be upon you.Prayers on the way from Ohio.
Live your life today like your going to meet God tommorrow!You just might!****GO VIKES****

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
Have not updated ya'll in a while, so here goes...

Garrett is still doing great!  He has had a bad cold for a week or so now, but seems to be finally getting over it.  His momma has been keeping him next to her at night because his breathing sounded so bad.  Hopefully he is on the down hill side and he and his momma will both be able to get more sleep.

His Cardiac Cath is on Feb 18th.  They have to do this before his next surgery to map where everything is and see the size of everything.  Still no definite date on the second surgery, but he is the oldest baby waiting for this surgery, so he should be first on the list.

Last weigh in he was 14lbs 15 oz.  His growth has slowed down quite a bit, which is a concern, but we can't be sure right now why.  It could be just because of the cold he has been fighting.

They like for these heart babies to be atleast 14 pounds before the surgery, so we have reached that point.  There is probably an upper limit also, due to the shunt they put in at the first surgery.  I don't know what that upper level is, but I am sure they have a good idea of how big he can get before he outgrows that shunt.

Thanks again for all your prayers and kind words!!!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
Chip,I am praying for you, your wife,and your son.It's like Doc said, God already has this planned out.He will take care of you all.Stay strong.
                                 PRAYIN HARD IN PA
                                        Monkeyball

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
Prayers sent!
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
Prayers continue for you and your family through this long process.  God a
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Continued prayers for strength, peace, power and His Holy Grace to fill your lives and baby Garrett and the docs as this moves forward!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Prayers sent

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
Oh boy, we are praying for you, the wife, and the little guy!
God bless!
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
Prayers sent.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
prayers sent
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Prayers Sent
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 01:24:00 AM »
My wife posted this on the caringbridge website, just thought I would share it with ya'll too:

I just wanted to start off by saying "Thank you" for all of your prayers and support throughout all of this. We so appreciate your kind words of encouragement and all of the prayers.

Chip has always done all of the postings and has done such a wonderful job, but I thought I would tell you a little about life with Garrett.

It's hard to believe Garrett is almost 6 months old. In many ways it has gone so fast. But, when I think back to everything we have been through, it seems like so much longer. I just try not to think too much about the past or the future. I am just enjoying every minute of being a mother to our three wonderful children today.

I just want to share with you all what a joy Garrett is to us. From the moment he wakes up, he is so happy. His favorite thing is for you to give him any sort of attention. He seems to smile most of the day. Garrett is always eager to see his sisters. He greets them with a genuine smile. The girls are absolutely darling with him. They love being big sisters to him. They have never been jealous of him. They are his little protectors.Some days Katie doesn't want to go to school because she wants to be home with Garrett. The girls are always willing to help with him. (Except changing his diapers-they always remind me that they won't do that!)

We had a great day yesterday.(The really beautiful day!) We were able to spend most of the day outside. It was so wonderful because we don't get out too much with Garrett. Ashley and I went on a walk with our friend Kathleen Howard and her boys. We went to our neighborhood park where Garrett enjoyed his first ride in a swing. He thought he was big stuff! He just had a huge grin on his face the entire ride. We were also able to play out front in the culdesac with all of our neighborhood friends. While we were outside, Garrett put both of his darling little hands on my face and smiled at me. He then reached up and quickly grabbed my sunglasses off of my face and laughed out loud. He thought he was pretty funny! I can already tell he will keep me on my toes!!!

Garrett just got over his second cold. He handled it pretty well. He was very congested and had a little cough. I had him sleeping in his bouncy seat at night next to our bed so he could breathe a little easier. It was a great idea at the time! We decided to put him in his crib tonight since he was feeling better. Unfortunately, he didn't think that was such a great idea. He decided that he liked his bouncy seat better and cried until we put him back in it. I guess you could say we have spoiled him just a little. He used to be so easy to put to bed and he was sleeping through the night. I'm sure we'll get him back to that eventually with a little patience, tears, and lack of sleep!!

I guess I have gone on long enough about how blessed we are to have Garrett! God has given us Garrett because he knows we can handle all of it with HIS help.  
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
It sure warms the heart when the little ones do something like Garrett did to you when he reached up and touched you. Remember God feels the same when you reach up and touch Him. God's continued blessings and grace to you and your family.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline Berube

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Prayers sent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©