INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)  (Read 11772 times)

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2008, 07:45:00 AM »
Our continued prayers are with you and Garrett.  Just a small bump in the road to recovery.

Aaron

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
You and your Wife are an inspiration to us , prayers sent for Garrett and yourselves , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »
Need to enlist your prayer help again!

Garrett's thrown up twice in the last hour.  If this keeps up we will end up in the Children Mercy's ER.
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 07:59:00 AM »
Father please watch over and minister to Garrett and his family. Bless them with your perfect will and the grace to receive it.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
Amen!

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
Prayers continue...

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
Praise the Lord, we have not had to go to the hospital.  He has not thrown up anymore, but is not eating to well.  It is super important with his heart condition that he not get dehydrated!  The goretex shunt they put in at the first surgery could collapse if he gets to dehydrated.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Bud,

It has to be a living nightmare to know so much about something you'd never wished to know anyhting...and with it, knowing all the things that could go wrong...

I guess it brings to mind the fact that maybe all that you know, drives home the point that there is so little any of us can do to control the future. Maybe it's just God's way to keep reminding us that we are TOTALLY dependent on Him! In all things. Big and Small.  

Garrrett is small, but HUGE to you, your family and to your Tradgang family. But in it all we're humbled before God for all that has happened for the li'l tyke and all that will happen.

Lord, our friend, your child, Chip, is overwraught with emotions about his wee son... Help him to know that you KNOW the pain of seeing your Son in harm's way..suffering...at risk. Wrap Chip, his wife, son Garrett and all who love them, in yoru Holy Spirit and provide them Peace. According to your Holy Will, Lord, we ask continued blessings and healing on Garrett that he might come through all this as a living testement to your Power and Glory, Lord.

In Jesus' name we ask these things. Amen.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
Suzie took him to the pediatrician.  Pediatrician sent her to Children's to rule out RSV and do a chest x-ray.  She is there right now.  It's gonna be awhile because she said the place is packed.

Please pray that it is not RSV because if it is he will have to wait atleast six weeks before they can do any procedures.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
Suzie and Garrett are home. Unfortunately, we really will not know anything more until atleast tomorrow. Radiologist was supposed to call tonight, but he hasn't. Hopefully, that is a good sign! Maybe he didn't see anything wrong and lost the urgency.

As I may have stated before, please pray that it is not RSV!

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
Well my wife couldn't wait until tomorrow so she called.  Eventually she was able to get the on-call Cardiologist on the phone to give her results.

The good news:  he was negative for RSV!  Praise the Lord!

The not sure yet news:  Tomorrow the cardiologist will look at the x-ray vs some of his past x-rays.  The radiologist who read today's x-ray mentioned possible pneumonia and some other negative things.  We will have to wait until tomorrow!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »
Prayers continue
God Bless

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
You've got prayers from Ky. God bless!

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
No RSV, but it does appear he has Pneumonia.  Cardiologist said the antibiotic he is already on should take care of it.  He also was not concerned about the other negatives the Radiologist mentioned.  For example, radiologist said he had an enlarged heart...well, duhhhh....of course it is enlarged it is working twice as hard because he only has half of one!

Because of the pneumonia we will have to wait six weeks to do the cardiac cath and then the next surgery should follow very soon.

We are going in to have them check him out tomorrow.  They are going to do an echo to make sure things are ok.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Prayers continue, Chip! That li'l tyke is sure a tough hombre with all he's been through. We think of you and Mom, but Garrett prolly thinks this is how things are supposed to be, huh?

Keep the Son in your eyes! Some caution mixed in with good news right there. Under the circumstances, God has been so faithful to you guys but we pray for more Grace and blessings for more miracles to kick this over the top!

Lord in your mercy!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »
Doc,
You sure have a way with words!  

Though I don't know if the word "tough" is strong enough for the lil guy.  His breathing sounds so bad right now, its gotta hurt!  If you have ever had pneumonia, ya know how it hurts when ya take a deep breath or ya cough.  It's killing me watching him suffer and hearing his laboring breathing.  He has thrown up three more times tonight!  I am very glad that Suzie will be taking him to the Cardiologist in the morning!!

They will only admit him if he is dehydrated or not getting enough oxygen.  So far his oxygen saturation has stayed in the normal range and he has continued to pee (best indication he is not dehydrated).

I almost wish they would admit him.  Atleast, we would not always be worrying about whether we should take him in or not.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
My prayers are with ya'l.

as a wish man says "keep the son in your eyes"

God Bless

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
update

Suzie just called on her way home from children's.  They did an echocardiagram and everything still looks good with his heart.  They are not positive he has pneumonia, they said his lungs sounded clear.  So they are calling it viral.  Instead of pushing back the Cardiac Cath six weeks they just moved it back one week and they will do a chest x-ray the day before just to make sure.

Thank you, Lord!!  

Now that Mom and Dad feel a little better about things, we just have to get the Lil Tiger feeling better!  The power of prayer is awesome!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
Chip...

I come here and always hope the "words" aren't mine but His. I ain't smart nuff to get it right cept' from the heart.

Just keep remembering them playing jokes on me at Chidren's Hospital NICU tellin me to watch the #'s on the gazillion dials while the NNP "had to check something". Man...them li'l chests were up and down breathin like a hummingbird! Dials allover...LED's flashin and numbers changin...I was a wreck in 5min. Here they were all hiding on the other side watchin me...danged women! They were having fun with the new "training guy".  :)

Guess my point would be that while we know and understand pain, Garrett has had nothing but challenge his whole life...He probably thinks that is how it ought to be... bless his heart.

Lord watches out one way or another and I have to believe He is making provisions to empower the li'l ones so they're not suffering like we might, knowing what things should be like...

So hang in there bud. Good to hear the neat news on the Echo looking good ... darned "bugs" that chase us today... we've kinda fouled our own nest here on planet earth...

Prayers continue for Garrett's healing and strength to grow and you guys to grow in peace.

You've been through a whale of a lot and remarkably trusting in Him.  Ya just need a lube job and oil change now'n again. We're here to try to help with that, Hoss.  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
Lord please give comfort to the Jones fomily let them feel your presence help them through there hard times put your hands on this child and if your will heal.
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©