INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)  (Read 11771 times)

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please pray for my future hunting partner (new pics Jan 2009)
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
There already is one miracle and thats the life that lives in the womb.
Another is very possible we as human will be amazed indeed. But the creator is just that the creator I will be praying for a miracle. Wether its before or after the blessed birth.
Peace and divine comfort until then.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
Garrett had a bad day yesterday.  Fever and Lethargic.  I am not allowed to tell you how he is doing so far today because every time I say he is doing better he gets bad again.

Thank you, Lord!
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
By the way, there is a bow being passed around called the LGB (Lil' Garrett Bow).  It will be given to him when he is old enough to shoot it.  Each person who hunts with it is supposed to take pics of their hunt and write something about it.  If any of ya'll are interested in spending some time in the woods with the LGB then PM me and I will let ya know where you can get signed up.  Only cost to you is sending it to the next person.

Here is the LGB rack I have been working on that will hang in Garrett's room.  

Couple different light perspectives

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Wow...with that level of talent, I'm sure keeping busy building that beautiful piece helps keep your mind occupied.

Don't go getting suspicious now about sharing good news along with bad!  :)   Lord wants to see your rejoice in every bit of positive that comes.

I'm not there yet, but I keep reading and hearing that we should even rejoice in our trials for it allows us to know a small bit of the price Christ paid for our salvation.

Prayers continue to this li'l trooper to get better fast from this latest malise so they can do the cath and get on with gettin on with his full recovery.  You guys hang in there through this tough time.

Keep the Son in your eyes, Chip!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
just wanted to share a post from my wife, Suzie:

Just wanted to let you know how much all of the prayers worked. Garrett is feeling so much better. It is so amazing how prayers help. Not only with Garrett, but lifting us up as well. Thank you!!! God is awesome.

Garrett really enjoyed getting outside to play this weekend. His sisters enjoyed pushing him in his swing. They take such good care of him!!

The other day, when Garrett was sick, Katie said something really sweet. She said, "I hope Garrett starts to feel better and I hope the doctors make him better. But, the bestest doctor of all is GOD." Isn't that so true!!! After she made that wonderful statement, it made me feel so silly to have been worrying so much. It all is in his hands. It took my daughter to remind me!

Have a great week!
Suzie  

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
Children are God's special angels when we get wrapped up in our role as parents and being grown-ups in general! Neat message God sent you through Katie!

Sounds like things are moving foward again. Thank you, Jesus! I continue to pray that all your family remain well and Garrett especially continue to improve and become a beacon of testimony to God's maginificent Grace and Love.

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
Its kinda different with Garrett...with our first two kids we coulda told ya to the day how old they were. Guess we still can: Ashley is 5 days short of 5 years and 2 months, Katie is 5 days short of 7 years and 8 months.

But with Garrett, Suzie and I have not really paid attention. We have just enjoyed each day that we have with him. Someone will either ask how old he is or say he's 7 months old now and we both kinda think, ya I guess so...and Thank you, Lord!

He's is really checkin things out now...whether it is a diaper or a toy or anything...you give it to him and he holds it and looks it completely over, soaking in every last detail.

He has had a great week! He has been back to his normal happy self...again, Thank you, Lord!!

Tomorrow morning we take him in for his Cardiac Cath procedure. It's not supposed to be a big deal, but as the parents of this little treasure...any procedure is a big procedure. Especially when he will be under anesthesia and they are inserting something into his body. It should start around 8:30am and if they do not have to balloon his aortic arch then we will be home 5-6 hours later. If they do have to balloon anything then we will be spending the night.

Please say a prayer that the Lord will guide that cardiologist's hands tomorrow and make this procedure quick and easy!!

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »
Prayers sent.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Prayers continue

God Bless

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
Chip & Susie

Blessings on your whole family, the docs and especially wee Garrett! Keep us informed, as I know you will.

Prayers for a successful outcome for the procedure and God's Grace to be on each of you providing peace and joy in His will!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
Cardiologist showed us the movies they took of different parts of the heart.  Everything looks good!  One of the main reasons they do this before the next surgery is to check the lungs (pressure and capacity).  The next surgery they reroute the superior vena cava so that all the blood coming in from the top half of the body goes directly to the lungs.  They have to make sure the lungs will be able to handle it.  They will probably release him around 4pm today.

Thank you, Lord!!!!

tomorrow the surgeons and cardiology staff will look over the images from today and then we should have a date for his surgery scheduled pretty soon.  The surgery will definitely be after April 15th and possibly later depending on if there is still any RSV around.

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
CONTINUED PRAYERS
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
Lord,

I am lifting up little Garret, his sisters, Mom & Dad.  You can see that they have put their trust in you for your healing and your will for their lives.  Continue to watch over them and bring them through this situation and every day to come. May their journey be a great testimony to you.
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Wow! You guys have sure seen your share of incredible miracles in that child's short life.

Thank You, Jesus! We ask your continued blessings on this small bundle of love and joy to Chip and his family...that we, they and Garrett can all attest to your incredible Healing Power and Love... In Your Holy Name, Lord, we ask these things. amen.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2008, 02:58:00 AM »
Yes Lord please bless this wonderful child.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2008, 01:46:00 AM »
Garrett made it through his Cardiac Cath very nicely!  Everything looks good...Thank you, Lord!  

The surgeons and cardiologists went over the images from the cath today.  They called and said we should be hearing from them to schedule a date for the next surgery next week sometime.  The surgery will most likely be in late April.

May have explained this before, but this surgery is call the Glenn Procedure.  They will take the Superior Vena Cava (vessel that brings the blood to your heart from the top half of the body) and reroute it to go directly to the lungs.

I know it has to be done, but I am definetly not looking forward to it!!!!

How about a couple pics?
Computer is downloading them now, so give me a few minutes!

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2008, 02:16:00 AM »

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
Aw, buddy...that is something to hang your hat on...what a smile! He knows God is on his side, doesn't he...with that big a grin?

I had friends with a life limited child...far worse situation than yours...but that child, despite a horrific existence, knew nothing else and felt the love around him and was the happiest, most go-lucky baby for the years that he had.

God sure does take care of all things big and small from the hairs on our head to a sparrow.

May His grace, peace and healing continue to be on Garrett! Blessings to you all!

Peace on you and Mom as the surgery approaches!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Eastern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
Suzie.  I am a father of two children.  I know what kind of love I have for my children.  I cannot imagine the love a mother whom has carried this child in her womb for 9 months or so can have for her child.  But I feel that with your love, the love of his father, the love of his Lord and the love shared by every one here on Tradgang and the expperience and knowledge of his Doctors, Garrett is in good hands.  Keep the faith and please give Garrett a hug and kiss from myself and my family.  You are always in our prayers.  Dave from Nova Scotia, Canada
A bad day of hunting is still far better than a good day at work.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2008, 01:17:00 AM »
Dave,
Thanks for the nice message to my wife, Suzie.  I will show it to her tomorrow.  

Also, thank you to everybody for all the prayers!
And Praise the Lord for all that he has done for Garrett already!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©