INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Virginia Tech  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
Virginia Tech
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »
Maybe not totaly archery, but bless the souls of those lost in Virginia today and bless the loved ones of the innocents whose lives were taken today. I give my heart to those people, God Bless.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Virginia Tech
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I live about two hours from Tech, and i know several people that go there and my girlfriend wants to go there too. horrible thing that happened. i think that with the right actions it may have been prevented. since there were two people killed a couple of hours before the other 30 were killed. and it took them almost two hours to notify students of the first shooting.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Terrible, no reason for it the taking of innocent lives.Someone was definately slackin!

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Please Pray for all involved. Don't believe all that you hear or read. Don't start criticizing and pointing fingers at this early time. Just think of the tragedy and pray for the victims, families, and community. There is a lot of rumor, speculation and misinterpretation flying around here right now. The only thing that needs to be escalated is caring and prayer.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
prayers to all the families... I just dont see how one person could do all this ...2nd shooter???I'm just wondering...prayers for all...marco
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
even though i dont live in the usa all my prayers to all the families who have lost someone it is terrible. and should not happen any where. god bless  every one  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
Forester, thank you for saying that.  it is a tradgedy to me that they are focusing on all that finger pointing.  we always do that in our current culture.  who knows if anything could have been prevented, it wasn't.  let us start where we are and tend to the grieving.  we cannot make any sense of madness.  they did the best they could.  a college is not a prison.  security is difficult and different.  the folks that have those jobs work hard.  let's give the benefit of the doubt and focus our priorities.

with respect and a heavy heart,
prayer for all the families.
Kyle
"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Prayers for all the families. Such a senseless tradgedy.

In HIS service
Dave
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Aaron Proffitt 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
prayers being said....

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Senceless sums it up pretty well. Prayers for those effected by this tradgedy.

We need to find a way to effectivly protect our children and schools from this kind of senceless violence.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Such saddness...heard interview w/ one student who said the shooter stood there and reloaded and all the students were "either hit or too scared to move" and then he proceeded to keep slaughtering after he reloaded.

Wow... Prayers for all involved, students, families, faculty, administration.  

Prayers too this doesn't turn to a witch hunt looking for a scape goat for senseless madness.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline possumtrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
My son works for the county Mental Health center and it is astounding, to say the least, of how many suicides, and harmful acts to others are commited by teens and pre-teens. And it is on the rise country wide. Yes, pray for the families that have been affected by this tragedy, but at the same time pray for our country and our leaders in the federal government, Churches,and community. I am afraid that we are seeing the fruit which has been planted years ago. Pray for me that I would have the boldness/courage to stand up against a world that does not value life and to give " an answer to anyone who asks of the hope that is in me.".... John
possumtrot

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
as a mental health professional, it is often very difficult to ascertain the mental status of an individual who is clever enough to know what not to say...  I had the opportunity to work in that community a few years ago and my heart is truly broken...My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of this community, students and their families...Frank
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©