3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: storing wood arrows?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline T.L

• Trad Bowhunter
storing wood arrows?
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
hello all. i was wondering what was the best way to store wooden arrows. i am just finishing up a set of hexpine shafts and would like to keep them as straight as possible.
thanks,
 Tom.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: storing wood arrows?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I use 2x4 or 2x6 blocks of wood with 3/8" holes drilled in it to accept the field points. Arrows with broadheads I use the same blocks but push the broadhead in it to form a slot for the blades. I use the blocks while working on arrows and for short term storage. Other than that I have two plastic arrow cases that holds 18 arrows each,  for long term storage.  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
I honestly can't say I take any precautions.I shoot cedar,birch,and ash,and don't really do anything but stick them back in the tubes on my workbench when done shooting.

Probably should be taking a little extra care,but I don't.They just sit point down in cut in half cardboard shipping cartons.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
I use a pair of 2'x2' light diffusers from a dropped ceiling light and built a wood frame. Arrows stand upright. Will hold 400 arrows easy.

Offline 9 Mile Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
I went and bought some pvc tubing from the hardware store, I cut two 10' sections into twelve 20" sections.  Then I taped them all together with duct tape.  The arrows rest on the carpeted floor you could mount them on a plywood board but I didn't. Yeah it's ugly but it holds a lot of arrows upright.
Andrew

Offline tpoof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
I had some old scraps of plywood hat I banged up together to store my arrows, after 10 odd years they are straight and easy to find!  

Offline T.L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks for all the input. The common factor seems to be that the arrows need to be stored vertically and I will give that a try.
cheers,
 Tom.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©