INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: BEST NEWS EVER!!!!  (Read 1464 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
BEST NEWS EVER!!!!
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
MY BABY IS MAKING ME A GRANDPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord has blessed us with the first grandchild! My daughter and her husband will make good parents. They have been married for a couple of years. We have watched as they take on life together as a couple and been reassured and comforted in how well they have become a couple.

Now, parents! I get to care for and introduce this little wonder to what it is like to have a Grandpa. I have such great memories of my Grandpas. I am going to try and provide that for him/her with God's guidance.

Oh, and the best of all is my daughter accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior this past week!!! I have been praying for years now. It is all in His timing. I have learned patience and to trust in the Lord. I heard of the news late last night by phone. I will be seeing her at church this morning! Better bring some kleenex....Praise the Lord!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEST NEWS EVER!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
That is wonderful!! I spent the day with my two yesterday and they are a true blessing. So after church are you shopping for camo size 0?

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
That is great news, me too, my fist grandchild is due within the next 3-4 weeks. They say it will be a girl.  :goldtooth:  Been a long time coming, my daughter and son-in-law have been married for 8yrs, end of this month.

Offline Donnie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »
Snag,

That is truly awesome news!!!  Especially about your daughter excepting Christ!!!!!!!!!!   :archer:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
Camo! Yeah, I have so much to do! My biggest challenge is going to try and not do too much! I can't wait to get the little tike a bow. I think I was 5 when I got my first bow.

Yeah, Donnie. This has been quite the week.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Congratulations!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
AMEN BROTHER! Great news and all the GLORY to HIM!<><

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
Congratulations!!  :clapper:  Blessings to you and Prayers for a wonderful life for the little one. Enjoy the ride and keep us posted on progress of the big event. Will be expecting pictures by first part of next year I reckon. Only thing comes close to pics of new bows are pics of babies! LOL!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:00 PM »
I hear that DannyBows? We will definitely be enjoying the times God gives us together.

Thank you Shell. The Lord is deserving of all praise and glory!

Vermonster13, thanks. I have enjoyed your posts here.

Ceb, it's worth waiting for isn't it? Makes it that much sweeter when His blessings are received.

To be a part of the Lord's family and then have another little life come into the world, His creation, by way of your little girl...it is overwhelming.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Congrats Snag!   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

You should have fun in the coming years!....having pateince with the little ones attention span was a big one for me...i wanted my daughter to love archery just like i did...and she has for years now...but she really didn't get into it until about she was about 4 years old....the trick was always keeping it fun....

My grandson was about 10 before i got his first bow for him, and he didn't have the patience for it all for some reason.....he had more fun figuring out how to run a mini track hoe i had at the time.....they live in Idaho so i just didn't get enough time with him to get him into it. unfortunately i don't get to see much of him......He's 14 now and completely outgrown his first bow. i am hoping he'll get to spend some time with his grandpa this summer.....i would love to help him build his own bow in my shop....

I'm very happy for you bro! i hope the kids live close and you see lots of them....Kirk

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Wow what a great bit of news. Tell you the 13th is every bit as awesome as the first and hearing that the grandkids have accepted Jesus' gift melts the heart. You've got a lot to look forward to.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
That is Great News!!
We have 17 grandkids.

God Bless!!!

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Yahoooooo, the Kingdom of God advacnes! Congrats on both ocassions!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
TexMex you have a very full quiver   :archer:
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
Wonderful stuff Snag!  The love of the Lord being passed on from generation to generation... what a great thing!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Bear Gardner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
PRAISE THE LORD....... Got 8 of them Grand kids myself and 1 GREAT Granddaughter Most of them are Archers and most are SAVED....Praying for the rest. We are really blessed if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Going to be slinging arrows with Jesus forever......."Bear"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Sounds like you've got the view correct with the Son in your eyes and getting the credit for the Glory and for your Guidance in your new role.

now enjoy the wait and practice all that spilin ya gonna do!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©